$60K Wrangler...not so fast

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
As much as I am shocked to see Wranglers approaching $60K I’m unable to build one on Jeep.com that exceeds $60K. The highest I can get to is $59,550. This is with all the options selected with the powertop and turbo engine. I’m sure dealer add-ons would put it above $60K no problem.

I wonder if that was purposely done so the sticker shock of $60K would be avoided until at least 2019.

I think it would be bad optics for FCA to have relased an all new updated Wrangler that tops $60K when the outgoing model fully loaded barely gets to $54K.
Sponsored

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
As much as I am shocked to see Wranglers approaching $60K I’m unable to build one on Jeep.com that exceeds $60K. The highest I can get to is $59,550. This is with all the options selected with the powertop and turbo engine. I’m sure dealer add-ons would put it above $60K no problem.

I wonder if that was purposely done so the sticker shock of $60K would be avoided until at least 2019.

I think it would be bad optics for FCA to have relased an all new updated Wrangler that tops $60K when the outgoing model fully loaded barely gets to $54K.
I’ve noticed that as well, I bet it is because they don’t want anything in the 60s.

Fully loaded JL $59,550

6A7B0A97-F5B0-477D-96F4-3B0278EF3B99.jpeg

OP
OP
Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
For the suburban rich show-offs .
Yes and no. I’m sure there has been a segment of the market that was reluctant to buy a JK wrangler due to the dated interior and tech, but who still sought a vehicle that could perform off road as well as the Wrangler. Adding those features in while not necessarily needed brought all those buyers in.

I’m sure ther are also buyers well below the median income of $120,000 who are opting to buy the Rubicon’s at $50K+.

My point in the post was to show we will soon see Rubicons for $60K and now that I think about it with not much more to show for the added cost.

The new tech is great, the interior is refined, the drivetrain much improved, however was all that really worth an average of $4K increase in costs especially when the profit margin on the JK was probably pretty big to begin with.

And yes, there will be those buyers who simply buy the decked out version with no intention of taking her off road just so they can say they have a Wrangler. With resale values so high you could almost say it’s a better investment than the alternatives.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
With resale values so high you could almost say it’s a better investment than the alternatives.
How do you know when there have not been any JLs re-sold yet ?

OP
OP
Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Lease residuals and JK resale history point towards JL resale values.
Sponsored