Sponsored

$600 for used 2019 Rubicon metal three piece bumper?

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Someone on Facebook has a 2019 rubicon metal three piece bumper not dented or any bent brackets etc but pretty dirty and worn. They want like 600$ for it I’ve seen them go lower. What would be a fair price? It’s used pretty good not new at all
Sponsored

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I offered 300, it’s full of scratches but since it’s metal I can usually make that stuff look decent with restore and some love 😂 thanks for your help! We will see it’s been listed a while he had it at 700 then went down to 600

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Also, it doesn’t come with any bolts or any hardware. Does anyone know if it can be fully and correctly installed using the sport s hardware form my bumper I’ll be taking off? Or do I need a hardware install kit

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Also, it doesn’t come with any bolts or any hardware. Does anyone know if it can be fully and correctly installed using the sport s hardware form my bumper I’ll be taking off? Or do I need a hardware install kit
Get the right parts.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For $600 I would hold out if its missing hardware and scratched up.... For $300-$350 I would buy it!

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

The bumper will attach reusing the plastic bumper hardware, but the air dam will not work with steel bumper. You will need a skid plate for the steel bumper, 8 bolts that attach plate to bumper, 4 riv nuts, 4 bolts for riv nuts to attach skid to frame, and plastic filler piece between grill and back of the bumper. Quadratec sells a kit with all of the skidcplate components, but it is about 100 bucks cheaper to order everything separately. Trim piece is not included in the kit.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure it has everything.

Things to look for:
  1. Does it have both end caps? Those are the first to go missing
  2. Does it have the winch opening cover?
  3. Is he including the fog lights? The red tow hooks?
  4. Is he including the skid plate? If so, does it have the support brackets?
I paid $900 for a brand new Mopar bumper, including shipping it across the country. The skid plate is extra; but the Mopar bumper comes with the LED fog lights and red tow hooks; it is truly plug-and-play.

For a $300 difference, I wouldn’t bother with a used bumper that is all scratched up and may be missing something.
Sponsored