Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
https://m.vevor.com/air-compressors...cfm-high-performance-universal-p_010400142889

48% off sale only good for the next 15 hours.

I've been wanting to get a quality air compressor for a minute, I've been eyeing those Napa Auto Parts ones. For $150 it's not a bad deal to get a 10.6 CFM air compressor.

That being said I was poking around the internet last night looking for good deals on air compressors to upgrade from my Husky 0.3 CFM air compressor. :LOL:

I know all the 10.6 CFM or similar dual air compressors are running about that same $150 plus range.

I figure if a 10.6 CFM dual air compressor can pump up all four Wrangler tires at the same time with the right tube rigging in about 5 minutes, then a 6.0 CFM single compressor air pump can do all four tires in about 20 minutes. And for a third of the price, 20 minutes ain't bad.

Last time I got stuck in the mud, my OEM 32-in destination MTs were down to 15 psi each and took about 1.5 hours to pump up all four tires to 36 PSI.

Just thought I'd share the deal I found.

If you care, or if you don't know, VEVOR makes a lot of farm equipment and things like diesel fuel tanks, automotive equipment, tractor equipment, welding stuff. It's all stuff made in China so if that matters to you, I guess you probably should find a nice American made air compressor, but any of those dual air compressors that you currently see on the market (Thor's Lightning, NAPA, Tozalazz, M.O.A.B., MORRflate, etc.) are all made in China as well. So best of luck to you! :CWL:;)
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
https://m.vevor.com/air-compressors...cfm-high-performance-universal-p_010400142889

48% off sale only good for the next 15 hours.

I've been wanting to get a quality air compressor for a minute, I've been eyeing those Napa Auto Parts ones. For $150 it's not a bad deal to get a 10.6 CFM air compressor.

That being said I was poking around the internet last night looking for good deals on air compressors to upgrade from my Husky 0.3 CFM air compressor. :LOL:

I know all the 10.6 CFM or similar dual air compressors are running about that same $150 plus range.

I figure if a 10.6 CFM dual air compressor can pump up all four Wrangler tires at the same time with the right tube rigging in about 5 minutes, then a 6.0 CFM single compressor air pump can do all four tires in about 20 minutes. And for a third of the price, 20 minutes ain't bad.

Last time I got stuck in the mud, my OEM 32-in destination MTs were down to 15 psi each and took about 1.5 hours to pump up all four tires to 36 PSI.

Just thought I'd share the deal I found.

If you care, or if you don't know, VEVOR makes a lot of farm equipment and things like diesel fuel tanks, automotive equipment, tractor equipment, welding stuff. It's all stuff made in China so if that matters to you, I guess you probably should find a nice American made air compressor, but any of those dual air compressors that you currently see on the market (Thor's Lightning, NAPA, Tozalazz, M.O.A.B., MORRflate, etc.) are all made in China as well. So best of luck to you! :CWL:;)
You definitely need some higher volume compressor. 1.5 hrs is beyond reasonable when you're tired, it's getting dark, cold, etc.

I bought a 10 cfm dual, like the NAPA, from Alibaba. I haven't used it yet. Still using my Viair 440P single, with my Harbor Fright rigged dual line system. I also have a dual ARB style (all indications are it's the maker of ARB) compressor from Alibaba, which I intend on installing under the seat.

At this point, I like a 2 line system, rather than 4 lines. I think 4 lines would be a ball of snarls in a hurry. 2 is bad enough for me.

But, for now, I have bigger issues than which air compressor I should run. ?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

45 minute duty cycle is a bit surprising for something that cheap.

I'm thinking it'd be fine as a starter compressor. The Smittybilt that I bought shortly after getting my first Wrangler cost about twice that and lasted a year before the rubber line cracked. At least they sell spare parts. VEVOR doesn't for these.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

At this point, I like a 2 line system, rather than 4 lines. I think 4 lines would be a ball of snarls in a hurry. 2 is bad enough for me.
Are yours curled (or whenever the appropriate non-straight term is)? The single curled line on my old Smittybilt was a pain in the ass. The four straight lines from my Kraken simply do not get tangled.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
45 minute duty cycle is a bit surprising for something that cheap.

I'm thinking it'd be fine as a starter compressor. The Smittybilt that I bought shortly after getting my first Wrangler cost about twice that and lasted a year before the rubber line cracked. At least they sell spare parts. VEVOR doesn't for these.
Yeah, customer support/parts is zero on most of the bottom feeder chinese compressors. You might be able to use Morrflate parts on that one Tredsdert posted. That ARB clone I have, probably has interchangeable parts with ARB parts. I've also been successful in getting parts for a hydraulic jack I bought direct from China.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, customer support/parts is zero on most of the bottom feeder chinese compressors.
Yep, in their Q&A they basically say to buy another one if / when you need parts. Hopefully they're not shipped from China.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Are yours curled (or whenever the appropriate non-straight term is)? The single curled line on my old Smittybilt was a pain in the ass. The four straight lines from my Kraken simply do not get tangled.
Yeah, they are the blue polyurethane 1/4" lines that Harbor Fright has closed out now. They tend to curl, but not the little pigtail curls. More of like 10-12" curls and they are easily coiled up. I can get them out and hooked up quickly and move them from the first 2 tires to the next quickly enough. I'm not sure I'm ready to go to 4 lines until I see a clear advantage.

I recently installed some Apex RPV deflators. I'm sold on them. I can air down in about 2 minutes total for all 4.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I recently installed some Apex RPV deflators. I'm sold on them. I can air down in about 2 minutes total for all 4.
Those would be compelling if my valve stems weren't recessed.

Note that they're over 2x the price of @Tredsdert's compressor. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking they not for the same target audience.

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You definitely need some higher volume compressor. 1.5 hrs is beyond reasonable when you're tired, it's getting dark, cold, etc.

I bought a 10 cfm dual, like the NAPA, from Alibaba. I haven't used it yet. Still using my Viair 440P single, with my Harbor Fright rigged dual line system. I also have a dual ARB style (all indications are it's the maker of ARB) compressor from Alibaba, which I intend on installing under the seat.

But, for now, I have bigger issues than which air compressor I should run. ?
I have the same pump. I’m curious about your 2 line setup. Got a thread on it? Yeah, I don’t really want a mess of hoses so maybe a 2 line might be a good compromise.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Those would be compelling if my valve stems weren't recessed.

Note that they're over 2x the price of @Tredsdert's compressor. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking they not for the same target audience.
I think, secretly, Tredsdert is a multi-billionaire, but likes to hang with us common folk and seek these frugal solutions.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Vevor is the brand I see advertised all over Tik Tok. Color me skeptical. I’m sticking with my Viair.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have the same pump. I’m curious about your 2 line setup. Got a thread on it? Yeah, I don’t really want a mess of hoses so maybe a 2 line might be a good compromise.
No thread. But, here's some pix. I bought all the hoses fittings and bag at HF, except for the Haltec 5265 air chucks. If I had half the brain god gave a frog, I'd shorten them up as appropriate. They're both 25ft right now.
Jeep Wrangler JL $60 6.0 CFM air compressor 15 hrs ONLY 20240513_084029[1]
Jeep Wrangler JL $60 6.0 CFM air compressor 15 hrs ONLY 20240513_084118[1]
Jeep Wrangler JL $60 6.0 CFM air compressor 15 hrs ONLY 20240513_084227[1]

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer