Sponsored

6 speed won't turn over after a stall?

VinnyV2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 6 speed
If I stall the engine via a slight incline or whatever, I push the starter button and sometimes nothing happens. Usually no prob but I think it could be a big safety issue in an intersection or whatever. -I am great with a clutch btw but occasionally it happens! The dash still says "push the clutch and the starter button at the same time". Only cycling the starter button through off will reset it but I've been stalled by now for 5 seconds, could be an issue. The dealer said "leave it for 2 weeks and we will see if we can duplicate it". That's out for me I don't want anyone treating it like that. This is a Rubi 3.6 6speed, off the first truckload to Seattle in 2018. It has been awesome otherwise! My warranty is expiring in a few months, I have done a web search also, with nothing. Any ideas or similar exp?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
If I stall the engine via a slight incline or whatever, I push the starter button and sometimes nothing happens. Usually no prob but I think it could be a big safety issue in an intersection or whatever. -I am great with a clutch btw but occasionally it happens! The dash still says "push the clutch and the starter button at the same time". Only cycling the starter button through off will reset it but I've been stalled by now for 5 seconds, could be an issue. The dealer said "leave it for 2 weeks and we will see if we can duplicate it". That's out for me I don't want anyone treating it like that. This is a Rubi 3.6 6speed, off the first truckload to Seattle in 2018. It has been awesome otherwise! My warranty is expiring in a few months, I have done a web search also, with nothing. Any ideas or similar exp?
This is not my experience. I taught my teenagers to drive stick on the Jeep, and they stalled a lot. Make sure you’re pushing and holding the start button. You can’t just press and release like on an automatic. (This is also true from a cold start.)

Note that I run with ESS turned off. Dunno what kind of monkey wrench that might introduce, so try with it off.

Oh, I have the V6 (original, not the fancy etorque thing).

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Same for me, if I stall I just push the clutch and hit the button and it fires right back up.

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
I had that happen when the AUX was going bad my fix was remove the AUX battery all together but you might just want to get it tested or replaced. Things I did to start it faster was to push the clutch in and let it out then push it in again also verify your little button light isn't on ACC it needs to be on RUN.
Sponsored