Sponsored

6" seat extension.....or how to fit comfortably in a JL with long legs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
After weeks of driving my new JLU with my right leg/knee crammed in between the dash and the T-case selector lever, I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of Misch Big Boy JL brackets https://misch4x4.com/ hoping to ease the pain. They showed up today and with the exception of some time lost from having stripped (slightly) the factory torx head seat bolts (they're in crazy tight), I had them in and was back on the road in 30-45 minutes.
My 6'4 frame now fits perfect! So far the only downside I can see is that it makes legroom behind the driver pretty tight, but it's still doable for a smaller person. Also, I'll have to do some whittling on the factory floor mat behind the driver seat as it no longer fits....still not a big deal. Best mod so far!
Sponsored

OP
OP
OpenRangeOutdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes, but only until the seat is as far back as it will go. I haven't measured, but I probably set the seat about 3-4" further back from stock....all the way back (which is WAY back), and the sound bar let me know it was there.

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
With the front seat all the way back , can you still have the back seat folded down forward ok ?

SteveNYR

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
With the front seat all the way back , can you still have the back seat folded down forward ok ?
I have the extend my seat brackets in my 19 Rubi ( i'm 6'6") You will need to move the seat up a bit to fold the back. I also recline my seat more than most people ( you can literally see my head in the back window so it may vary depending on how you sit

desant89

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I have the extend my seat brackets in my 19 Rubi ( i'm 6'6") You will need to move the seat up a bit to fold the back. I also recline my seat more than most people ( you can literally see my head in the back window so it may vary depending on how you sit
When this bracket is installed, do you lose any forward motion of the seat? In other words, I know it goes back further, but does it still go forward as far as stock if you wanted it to?
Sponsored