6.5" woofer fits in pod!!

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Here go some pictures of a 6.5" woofer inside the housing for the knee panel. This is the left side, the right side had a little work to the pod to seal the port, but both it.

Work was done by showtime audio in Chicago

20190317_111524.jpg

20190317_111527.jpg

20190317_111535.jpg

20190317_111544.jpg
Sponsored

Steve Cornell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Let us know what you think of the bass response once you have them installed, what are you powering them with?

OP
OP

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know what you think of the bass response once you have them installed, what are you powering them with?
I'm going to be driving 3 ways in the front I am getting custom pillers that will house the Focal Utopia 3" mid (odds are my fabricator will modify the dash grill and pillar into one piece) & the M tweeter.

For the fronts I'm using the JL VX800/8i, going to run a single channel into the tweeter and mid, then I'm going to bridge 2 channels into each of the 6.5 woofers.

For the sound bar I am going to run the utopia M 6.5 woofer and the M tweeters and going to power those with the VX400/4i.

I am going into the storage well and adding 2 of the Utopia M 10 woofers and powering them with the VX1000/1i.

Also doing a custom amp rack with the floor being raised about 3-4" when all said and done.

Should have it all done in about a month

mango315

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler rubicon 2dr
I'm going to be driving 3 ways in the front I am getting custom pillers that will house the Focal Utopia 3" mid (odds are my fabricator will modify the dash grill and pillar into one piece) & the M tweeter.

For the fronts I'm using the JL VX800/8i, going to run a single channel into the tweeter and mid, then I'm going to bridge 2 channels into each of the 6.5 woofers.

For the sound bar I am going to run the utopia M 6.5 woofer and the M tweeters and going to power those with the VX400/4i.

I am going into the storage well and adding 2 of the Utopia M 10 woofers and powering them with the VX1000/1i.

Also doing a custom amp rack with the floor being raised about 3-4" when all said and done.

Should have it all done in about a month
i see ur in NY...are you having them build stuff for you, having it shipped to NY then getting it installed locally?

OP
OP

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, having it shipped in and installed locally.

I had Jerry at showtime do the pods since he's modified them on the JL before, was in the $300 area.

The rest of the fabricating will be done by Mobile Toys in College Station TX. Hands down the best fabrication shop in the country. Between the pillers, amp rack and sub enclosure it's going to be around $2500

Install is being done by NVS in New Jersey.

Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
What are the original size of the knee panel? I was the first person in my area to get a aftermarket system it sounds good but I want more considering what I paid, but they did no custom fabing.

JLsport2019

What are the original size of the knee panel? I was the first person in my area to get a aftermarket system it sounds good but I want more considering what I paid, but they did no custom fabing.
Original size of knee area is 4".

Ed,
Do you have pics of the install of your speakers?
I want to get those kick panel brackets as Im going to buy 5.14" or 6.5" speakers in the kick panel area

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door

Ed,
I want to get those kick panel brackets as Im going to buy 5.14" or 6.5" speakers in the kick panel area
I don’t on me. I will have to get some when I come back in town from work.

OP
OP

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just reach out to Jerry at showtime audio in Chicago, he will do the fab work for you at a really reasonable price

OP
OP

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ed,
I'll have my installer send me some pics this week

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You may benefit by using something like these to seal the space between the speaker and your kick panel: https://www.ebay.com/i/323770770607?chn=ps

The speaker is larger than the "mesh" that allows the sound to come through the kick panels themselves. These rings will help to prevent some of the signal from getting lost behind the panel. If the mesh had more holes in it, it would be optimal.

foam.jpg

KGriner

First Name
K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Any pics installed yet?
Sponsored