Sponsored

$6,000 Budget for wheels, tires and a lift?

OP
OP

johnwpowell

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in VA (DC Area) selling my wheels/tires from my ‘19 rubicon. Also suspension and rock sliders.
I’ve managed to pick up a suspension and tires since this post, still on the hunt for wheels. Leaning towards the Quadratec hard rock.
Sponsored

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Wheels/tires/lift are for looks and to make it my Jeep. Wheels have to be matte black and I want something classic like a baha or the newer willys style. Was leaning towards falken all terrain tires or maybe K02 with white letters. Don’t want any rubbing issues which is why I’d lift it. Was thinking the mopar 2.5 lift but also keeping my eye out for any Rubicon take off parts. Don’t want a wide stance.

Basically I don’t want to spend more money for parts I’m not going to get any enjoyment out of and also don’t want to cheap out and have regrets or make the ride less enjoyable than it is now.
I’m in same boat. I bought 5 315x75x17 ko2 tires on fuel maverick rims for $2900. A mopar 2” lift for $1500 and $600 for install and alignment. I wanted 35x12.5x17 tires, but couldn’t find c rated in that size, only e rated

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 Rubicon that I just lifted and added 35 nitto ridge grapplers. I have the stock rubicon wheels and KO2 tires. I’ll sell all 5 for $1000. I’m in Maryland(Montgomery county). Not far from ashburn. PM if interested.
Do you have pictures other than profile of the Jeep I'm looking to do the same. Also what wheels did you choose.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I spent $4700

Mopar 2” lift
Stabalizer bar
Pro comp 314/17r/17(5)
Xd 137 fmj wheels
Alignment and installation
Hey Luke looking for the same thing 2.5" lift with the XD 137 on white. Do you have any issues with 8th gear on the highway or does it feel like stock? Nice set up I saw pics in another thread.

LukeTheSpook

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Hey Luke looking for the same thing 2.5" lift with the XD 137 on white. Do you have any issues with 8th gear on the highway or does it feel like stock? Nice set up I saw pics in another thread.

No issues. I’m on my way to get the computer flashed but I would say better than stock. Much better

Sponsored

LukeTheSpook

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
No issues. I’m on my way to get the computer flashed but I would say better than stock. Much better

Or maybe not. The dealership told me (after confirming my appointment for a calibration) that their server was having trouble connecting to the calibration site. Then they told me they have no idea what I’m talking about and that Jeep doesn’t calibrate the JLs for bigger tires.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Or maybe not. The dealership told me (after confirming my appointment for a calibration) that their server was having trouble connecting to the calibration site. Then they told me they have no idea what I’m talking about and that Jeep doesn’t calibrate the JLs for bigger tires.
O my!

How much was the calibration maybe you should just get the Tazer JL lite and do it your self. If it was free maybe not.