Sponsored

5500 miles and needs new fuel pump.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
For what we pay for these---UNBELEIVABLE
No, not at all. I've had my JLUR for almost 9 months and I've had zero problems. That's unbelievable.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Hmm, maybe it didn’t even need the pump lol.
That’s what I told guy at dealership. Of course told me they were right.

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got Jeep back today from dealership. Driver seat needed new track. Another fix. And drive about 10 miles and stalls in middle of business intersection. Had to turn off and back on to get started again. How many fixes are needed till Jeep is running right. Getting old. Drove nothing but a Wrangler since 2000. So not a new owner. Just sick of not fixing issues when say they did.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
"Oscar16": My new Rubi seems to have blown its fuel pump and/or fittings...leaked about 1/2 gallon of gas. My previous Jeep was a Liberty that blew its pump. It took nearly 2 weeks to replace. Picked up the Jeep and as I pulled out into heavy traffic intersection at dealer the thing just died! It would not start...putting it into neutral was no help because driveway was up hill. So blocking 2-3 lanes of traffic, I ran back into the dealership and told them I needed either a tow truck or a few muscular mechanics. They pushed it out of traffic...they had crushed the fuel line installing the new pump!

drjhenrichs

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
My fuel pump is out, they said it was on back order. How long did it take to get your fuel pump? They told me few weeks to few months.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My JLUR had to have its fuel tank, pump and evaporator canister replaced at 750 miles. They replaced all three within one week.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Get your own scanner and learn how how to read/clear codes. The dealer can tell you anything an blow smoke and you have no idea if they are telling you the truth or are competent.

My speedometer was off as measured with phone app and the dealer said they recal'd for the bigger tires THEY installed.
I plugged in the RC flash cal they used/gave me with the jeep purchase, and the last setting used came up as 34" which is not my tire size and apparently a guess instead of using actual measurement as instructed in the directions.

They also did not include longer shocks with the spacer lift and it is required. So I convinced them they sold me an improperly modified vehicle and they ate the price of the longer shocks.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Get your own scanner and learn how how to read/clear codes. The dealer can tell you anything an blow smoke and you have no idea if they are telling you the truth or are competent.

My speedometer was off as measured with phone app and the dealer said they recal'd for the bigger tires THEY installed.
I plugged in the RC flash cal they used/gave me with the jeep purchase, and the last setting used came up as 34" which is not my tire size and apparently a guess instead of using actual measurement as instructed in the directions.

They also did not include longer shocks with the spacer lift and it is required. So I convinced them they sold me an improperly modified vehicle and they ate the price of the longer shocks.
Any decent dealer is writing your Jeep up with "wiadvisor". When they pod your vehicle and create a repair order all codes, in all communicating modules codes are stored and printed w/ the repair order.

What spacer lift did a dealer install on your jeep?

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Any decent dealer is writing your Jeep up with "wiadvisor". When they pod your vehicle and create a repair order all codes, in all communicating modules codes are stored and printed w/ the repair order.

What spacer lift did a dealer install on your jeep?
EZ-ride / Tuff Country 2"

I looked under the jeep when purchasing and noticed stock shocks and asked why shocks were not upgraded with 2" longer, they got the mech that installed and he personally told me its not required. I went home with new jeep and looked up install info and went back and pointed it out. They ordered the shocks I wanted no charge. it was an improvement as well, and reduced the side to side sway as well as the slight shudder when hitting bridge seams and such. you really should upgrade shock with bigger tires instead of using extension brackets. The upgraded RS5000X shocks quite a bit harder to compress than the OEMs.

The dealer also seemed to have no clue about all the TSB's and Weld recalls found here. The Trackbar Weld recall was announced the day I purchased. I found it the next day, as well as all the steering issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My fuel pump is out, they said it was on back order. How long did it take to get your fuel pump? They told me few weeks to few months.
Took 2 weeks to get new one. After they gave back to me had bad pump sensor and got towed back. So make sure they check that too. Took 3 weeks total for both.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Fuel PUMP at 800 miles, ETR FEB 11, current status, no jeep.