5500 miles and needs new fuel pump.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Got 5500 miles on my 2018 JLU Sahara and my check engine light was on. Took to dealer and said needs new fuel pump. WOW. Has anyone else had this happen to them. Couldn’t even get my Jeep started at dealership when I pulled it in shop. Hope all is and nothing more.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For what we pay for these---UNBELEIVABLE
@Windycityjeep

Nonsensical post!

Regardless of whether it is a Porsche, Vette, Wrangler, Silverado, etc., etc., all newly delivered vehicles have parts fail. Not uncommon to have infant mortality with any part.... especially electronics.

LOL "For what we pay for these"... Spare me.........

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got 5500 miles on my 2018 JLU Sahara and my check engine light was on. Took to dealer and said needs new fuel pump. WOW. Has anyone else had this happen to them. Couldn’t even get my Jeep started at dealership when I pulled it in shop. Hope all is and nothing more.
I know some fuel pumps have a built in filter (not sure if this is the case with the JL)...is it possible you got bad gas from somewhere?

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My girl got gas from BP 2 days before engine light came on. I would pray their gas is ok. I get new models have problems just wondering if others had same happen. And hope this is all that’s wrong and not electronics doing to other parts too. We will see. I had a 2015 JKU and love my 2018 JLU. Just gets me worried

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My girl got gas from BP 2 days before engine light came on. I would pray their gas is ok. I get new models have problems just wondering if others had same happen. And hope this is all that’s wrong and not electronics doing to other parts too. We will see. I had a 2015 JKU and love my 2018 JLU. Just gets me worried
Matt: I can understand your concern. While @Rhinebeck01 is correct that things can break at any time, it's also true that parts have a MTBF (mean time between/before failure) because we expect, at least moving parts, to be more likely statistically to stop working after some time, where wear and tear can set it, not right out of the gate.

I hope it's just an aberration for you.

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership also said had trouble finding a fuel pump and had to get from Texas. Another thing we will deal with for awhile I guess cause new model. Been 5 days so far

Houdini

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon
Yep, mine has 200 miles and it’s at the dealer for a new fuel pump, 7 to 14 days to get the parts.

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine back and drove it home about 10 miles and almost didn’t make it. Towed back to dealer next day. They said another code popped up to do with pump. Said codes can hide other codes. So make them take it for a drive so doesn’t happen to you. Good luck.

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer said it needed a sensor of some kind too

Sponsored

SURF CTY

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 2002 Chevrolet Suburban 2005 Chevrolet 2500HD 2008 Corvette 2018 GMC Yukon XL DENALI 32 FORD ROADSTER 34 FORD SEDAN DELIVERY
@Windycityjeep

Nonsensical post!

Regardless of whether it is a Porsche, Vette, Wrangler, Silverado, etc., etc., all newly delivered vehicles have parts fail. Not uncommon to have infant mortality with any part.... especially electronics.

LOL "For what we pay for these"... Spare me.........
Never had this happen with any vehicle I've ever owned in last 25 years, this is not the the normal this is FCA {No Quality control}

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Never had this happen with any vehicle I've ever owned in last 25 years, this is not the the normal this is FCA {No Quality control}

Kinda if like you won the shit lotto. Parts fail. Trust me. I am in the ATM business and we install ATMs that cost 40K. It is not uncommon to have a failure within the first few days. In fact we expect a parts replacement within 1 month on 2% of what we install. It is budgeted for. I can only assume the failure rate of something like a Wrangler where they make 1000 per day would have the same issues.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Keep in mind also it may be the PARTS used. While there may be 1000 Wranglers per day, theres probably 5000 parts made and some of those could be bad.

And yes, some people get lucky. I've been lucky on my truck and now Wrangler but my wife's Nissan Xterra also had to have a few parts replaced early in its life. The Fuel Gauge was faulty as well as something with the battery charging system as batteries seem to fail on that vehicle very frequently.
Sponsored