53.6 MPG in a Wrangler 4XE?!?!

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2020 Rav4 Hybrid, 2020 Hilander Hybrid
Hi Sboden,

For folks who usually get a refund at the end of the year, would this tax credit come back as part of their refund?

I understand you may not be a tax professional 😁.

We have an LLC and have to write checks every quarter so this $7500 bucks is real money in our pockets.

I wonder about that don’t file quarterly or get refund checks every year.
If you pay at least $7500 per year you’ll get the entire $7500 back as a refund.

Advertisement

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, except for I have no way to measure the electricity being used.
This is the real question/problem........ Forget the MPG, you can't equate mpg in a hybrid vehicle because you are using a combo of gas and electricity. Find a way to measure the electrical usage and equate that to gas mileage and you will have your final number.

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the real question/problem........ Forget the MPG, you can't equate mpg in a hybrid vehicle because you are using a combo of gas and electricity. Find a way to measure the electrical usage and equate that to gas mileage and you will have your final number.
Fortunately, the 4xe gives you those numbers if you reset the trip meter after gas fill. Then the next time you fill up the dash will tell you exactly how many miles traveled on gasoline and how many on electric. It’s still a bit of a misnomer though since some of those electric miles were created by regen, I see about 10-15%. I think the best way to calculate true hybrid mpg is to either fill up with only 1% charge, and not recharge until your next refill (and again the Jeep will tell you how many miles you added on regenerated electricity), or simply reset one of your trip meters after electricity drops to 1% and the ICE kicks on. When I do this, I typically see 26-28 mpg on flat south Jersey roads, about 3 to 5 mpg better than my 2018 6 cylinder JLUR did on the same trip. Both vehicles completely stock.

Sboden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Hi Sboden,

For folks who usually get a refund at the end of the year, would this tax credit come back as part of their refund?

I understand you may not be a tax professional 😁.

We have an LLC and have to write checks every quarter so this $7500 bucks is real money in our pockets.

I wonder about that don’t file quarterly or get refund checks every year.
As stated by another member, if your tax liability is high enough (which the very large majority buying one of these will be), you will get the $7500 as a tax refund after filing your taxes for this year. If you lease, you will get it right away within the lease price.

eLECTRICON

First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I fueled up, went home plugged in. left at 6am with 100% battery and full fuel level. Went 423 miles with cruise control set at 75mph when fuel level was at red line and stopped to refuel. So 423m/17.2g=24.88mpge highway. NOTE: Rubicon has 4:10 gearing and I'm on 35" tires.

Sboden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I fueled up, went home plugged in. left at 6am with 100% battery and full fuel level. Went 423 miles with cruise control set at 75mph when fuel level was at red line and stopped to refuel. So 423m/17.2g=24.88mpge highway. NOTE: Rubicon has 4:10 gearing and I'm on 35" tires.
Driving with 37's and going 5 mph faster will kick that down more but I think it is still pretty good then also.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Why can't electric vehicles have a way to drop a (supplemental) battery in fully charged instead of only plug in?

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why can't electric vehicles have a way to drop a (supplemental) battery in fully charged instead of only plug in?
Maybe because the battery weighs about 700 lbs?

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Tesla at one point had a prototype for that. The car would drive over a sunken bay and the olds battery would be remove and and new one inserted underneath the car.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Maybe because the battery weighs about 700 lbs?
I'm not talking full battery. Maybe a 5 mile ten mile 'PACK". Max 50lbs.
I'm drinking coffee shooting shit btw.....

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not talking full battery. Maybe a 5 mile ten mile 'PACK". Max 50lbs.
I'm drinking coffee shooting shit btw.....
If 700 lbs =25 miles +/-, we're talking 28 lbs per mile. If you can lift a 140 lb battery into place to get an additional 5 miles you're a better man than I, but then again I don't drink coffee.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement