500 Miles

RRAGES

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
So, i’ve Had my new Sahara about a week now. 500 Miles on it. Not a glitch or problem of any sort. Did a slight windshield adjustment to minimize the slight wind noise. Unplugged the sensor to kill the annoying stop/ start.

Couple comments: I came from 7 years in a GMC Sierra with an overpowered V8. Though it was fun st times, the excessive power was annoying at times too. I once spent a week with a Mustang Cobra. Even with traction control it was almost impossible to drive in the rain. I said all that to say this: I think the engine in this vehicle is exactly right. I can’t imagine wanting more power. To those who think they want a V8 in a vehicle this size. I advise that you think again.

I have no doubt about the Jeep's off road prowess, but was more concerned about it’s every day usability. I have not been disappointed in any way. It is peppy, easily maneuverable and seems solidly capable in every was I’ve been able to try it. The day I picked it up was in the middle of the bizarre mid April winter storm so it weathered snow, ice, 40 mph wind gusts and rain right out of the box. No disappointments.

A close inspection of body, paint, interior appointments and mechanicals revealed no flaws. Everything about the vehicle seems to be absolutely top shelf. If it holds up long term it will be the best vehicle (of many) that I have ever owned.
Sponsored

DrGroovenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335is, Honda Pilot
Awesome and congrats on the Sahara. I just picked up my Rubicon two days ago and I was bracing for the worst based on what I have read in the forum. Drama free so far, everything as expected but having to get used to the feel vs my previous luxury performance coupe. I have a sneaking suspicion I will get some wind noise / air leak when I get it on the highway, but I think a front windshield adjustment will get it just like you stated.