Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't had the top on the JLUR for weeks, and the slapping of the rear seat belts at highway speeds had started to drive me nuts. For under $5, using straps picked up at our local Northern Tool (Wrap-it $1.99 each), a solution to the seat-belt slapping was tested. After trying several different tie-down options, the following steps outline what has worked best so far.

I imagine you could also use Bag Clips, though I thought the Velcro straps would be easier to secure/release when passengers are sitting in the rear seats.

Here's the steps taken, should the slapping also be bothering you, too:

(Edit: Lightened the photos a bit)

Seat-belt Strap.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Haven't had the top on the JLUR for weeks, and the slapping of the rear seat belts at highway speeds had started to drive me nuts. For under $5, using straps picked up at our local Northern Tool (Wrap-it $1.99 each), a solution to the seat-belt slapping was tested. After trying several different tie-down options, the following steps outline what has worked best so far.

I imagine you could also use Bag Clips, though I thought the Velcro straps would be easier to secure/release when passengers are sitting in the rear seats.

Here's the steps taken, should the slapping also be bothering you, too:

View attachment 56961
Hmm. Might be because I’m on a phone, but I can’t make out your photos. They’re coming out too dark. I’ll try the computer, later...

My JL came with two Velcro straps. (No clue for what purpose.) I’ve used them secure the belts to the rear pillars, and that stops the flapping. When there’s a passenger, though, that doesn’t work. Does your solution stop the flapping when there’s a passenger?

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. Might be because I’m on a phone, but I can’t make out your photos. They’re coming out too dark. I’ll try the computer, later...

My JL came with two Velcro straps. (No clue for what purpose.) I’ve used them secure the belts to the rear pillars, and that stops the flapping. When there’s a passenger, though, that doesn’t work. Does your solution stop the flapping when there’s a passenger?
Yeah, they're definitely darker than I was hoping. When you get to your PC, you can download the image and enlarge it to fit. Doing so, even I can see them with my transitional bi-focals! ;)

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
the two straps are used to secure the soft top arms when you put it in the sun rider position or the fully down position. its covered in the manual regarding the soft top deployment and closure

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
the two straps are used to secure the soft top arms when you put it in the sun rider position or the fully down position. its covered in the manual regarding the soft top deployment and closure
OK, thanks for that. Seems to me they aren’t needed for either purpose. 75 MPH with no straps has been no problem for me.
Sponsored