Sponsored

5 inch screen question

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
For those who have experience with the 5 inch screen unit (not sure which radio or Uconnect it is called). Anyways, when I start the JL, the phone is connected to the infotainment for calls/messages, but if I want to play music off of my phone (like Sound Cloud), I have to go into Media menu and select my phone as the source. This isn't a big deal, but should this whole process be automatic?
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
For those who have experience with the 5 inch screen unit (not sure which radio or Uconnect it is called). Anyways, when I start the JL, the phone is connected to the infotainment for calls/messages, but if I want to play music off of my phone (like Sound Cloud), I have to go into Media menu and select my phone as the source. This isn't a big deal, but should this whole process be automatic?
As far as I know, it will look to the radio (FM or satellite) first. You need to choose media-bluetooth every time. Android auto/car play is a little better if you're using a cable, but I don't remember if it will default to that either.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
It will default to USB if you are playing a flash drive...I discovered this yesterday as I put about 5gb of music in there.
Edit- I have the 7" and not the 5"

Last edited:

Oakcity

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hella Yella Rubicon
Yeah, this is a pain point for me that it auto defaults to the radio every time. And, I have to reconnect bluetooth manually each time. Has anyone found any tricks to this besides using carplay every time? I mean, it isn't REALLY painful.. but would be nice if it remembered my bluetooth device and connected seamlessly.

21SGWILLYS

First Name
Dimitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 c10, 1976 k10
Has anyone in the 5 inch screen club figured out a way around this issue? I dont really need much more than what it offers, but yes having to scroll into Bluetooth every startup drives me crazy!
Sponsored