First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR MT
Occupation
Construction
Is this a spot you can wheel on your own? Looking to get out there in a couple weeks during the week which I have a feeling, won't have too many people there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a spot you can wheel on your own? Looking to get out there in a couple weeks during the week which I have a feeling, won't have too many people there.
Token disclaimer, you should never go alone. That said, if you are going alone, be smart about it. Always let someone know where you will be and when they should expect you to check in. If you have access to a GPS software that will allow you to download maps for offline use that is best (I use Gaia), and a way to send an SOS in an emergency (some options are Garmin In-reach, Ham radio, or at the very least a CB).

There are definitely some trails that are easy enough to run on your own in the area, especially if you have some offroad experience. I did run the Red Mountain Mining area trail as well as Last Dollar road by myself, but I had at least one other rig with me for the rest of it. It is always the best option to find someone else, even if that means just sitting at the trail head and waiting for another rig to come along and asking to tag along with them. This is a popular area and so I would not be surprised if you see more rigs than you think when you are out there.

toecheese

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR MT
Occupation
Construction
Thanks for the awesome tips. I have experience doing some offroading on the east coast, but never without a group and it doesn't even seem to compare to what I have seen on youtube. I will definitely have to ask around when I get there. I am mainly looking for some great primitive camping spots for a few nights, and this looks prime.

Pjhusker

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2019 Tahoe, 2020 JLU Sport S
Awesome trip, pictures and write up. This is a bucket trip for me. Thanks for sharing.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the write up. We are planning some time out there next year.
Sponsored