5.7L Hemi (Truck Engine) Swap 2019 JLUR

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Kenneth, great thread, since you're a helicopter mechanic I'm sure this was well within your scope.

For us shade-tree mechanics I'm sure it would be a bit more "adventurous" :)

How much are you in for with this swap if you don't mind me asking??

Advertisement

OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
Kenneth, great thread, since you're a helicopter mechanic I'm sure this was well within your scope.

For us shade-tree mechanics I'm sure it would be a bit more "adventurous" :)

How much are you in for with this swap if you don't mind me asking??
Yeah, it could be more adventurous for others, but anyone that has common mechanical abilities could do it. I’m in it about $14,000, the kit shipped was $10,200, the engine was $3,000 and I figure $800 more for various parts/supplies, fluids, and A/C recharge. His kit price has went up $1,500 since I purchased it, with the 392 coming out I can imagine these kits will reduce in price greatly. It will give people a cheaper option to swap then to purchase. They will if they want to stay in business that is, especially if Mopar ends up throwing a Hellcat in them in the future.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Great thread for us capable and more cost conscious. Hopefully as the JL matures we will see more builds like this. Thanks for sharing!

wolf

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Yeah, it could be more adventurous for others, but anyone that has common mechanical abilities could do it. I’m in it about $14,000, the kit shipped was $10,200, the engine was $3,000 and I figure $800 more for various parts/supplies, fluids, and A/C recharge. His kit price has went up $1,500 since I purchased it, with the 392 coming out I can imagine these kits will reduce in price greatly. It will give people a cheaper option to swap then to purchase. They will if they want to stay in business that is, especially if Mopar ends up throwing a Hellcat in them in the future.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
In your engine swap how much electrical can you get rid of? We’re you able to get rid of the stop start etc? Thanks.

OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
In your engine swap how much electrical can you get rid of? We’re you able to get rid of the stop start etc? Thanks.
The start/stop function is 100% disabled, that’s about the only permanent change, it comes with its own Tazer JL with special programming to keep the bad data codes from throwing a check engine light. All the standard functions of the Tazer are the same.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Thanks. I was thinking maybe it came with a new programed computer with
Out all the sensors

Advertisement

WheelsASAP