Sponsored

5.7L Hemi (Truck Engine) Swap 2019 JLUR

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Kenneth, great thread, since you're a helicopter mechanic I'm sure this was well within your scope.

For us shade-tree mechanics I'm sure it would be a bit more "adventurous" :)

How much are you in for with this swap if you don't mind me asking??
Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
Kenneth, great thread, since you're a helicopter mechanic I'm sure this was well within your scope.

For us shade-tree mechanics I'm sure it would be a bit more "adventurous" :)

How much are you in for with this swap if you don't mind me asking??
Yeah, it could be more adventurous for others, but anyone that has common mechanical abilities could do it. I’m in it about $14,000, the kit shipped was $10,200, the engine was $3,000 and I figure $800 more for various parts/supplies, fluids, and A/C recharge. His kit price has went up $1,500 since I purchased it, with the 392 coming out I can imagine these kits will reduce in price greatly. It will give people a cheaper option to swap then to purchase. They will if they want to stay in business that is, especially if Mopar ends up throwing a Hellcat in them in the future.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Great thread for us capable and more cost conscious. Hopefully as the JL matures we will see more builds like this. Thanks for sharing!

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Yeah, it could be more adventurous for others, but anyone that has common mechanical abilities could do it. I’m in it about $14,000, the kit shipped was $10,200, the engine was $3,000 and I figure $800 more for various parts/supplies, fluids, and A/C recharge. His kit price has went up $1,500 since I purchased it, with the 392 coming out I can imagine these kits will reduce in price greatly. It will give people a cheaper option to swap then to purchase. They will if they want to stay in business that is, especially if Mopar ends up throwing a Hellcat in them in the future.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
In your engine swap how much electrical can you get rid of? We’re you able to get rid of the stop start etc? Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
In your engine swap how much electrical can you get rid of? We’re you able to get rid of the stop start etc? Thanks.
The start/stop function is 100% disabled, that’s about the only permanent change, it comes with its own Tazer JL with special programming to keep the bad data codes from throwing a check engine light. All the standard functions of the Tazer are the same.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Thanks. I was thinking maybe it came with a new programed computer with
Out all the sensors

ice.v8

First Name
Emanuele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLU Rubicon
The start/stop function is 100% disabled, that’s about the only permanent change, it comes with its own Tazer JL with special programming to keep the bad data codes from throwing a check engine light. All the standard functions of the Tazer are the same.
nice work, i sent you a pm asking some info... thanks

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Does the Hemi shut off cylinders going down the road?

I am thinking that if I burn up the 3.6, that a hemi swap would be the logical choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
Does the Hemi shut off cylinders going down the road?

I am thinking that if I burn up the 3.6, that a semi swap would be the logical choice.
No it doesn’t.

Sponsored

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
So I’m wanting to do this swap on my rig too! I’ve been in contact with America’s most wanted 4x4 and they told me that the transmission is a weak point on our jeeps. I was wondering if you’ve have any issues since doing this swap?

OP
OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
So I’m wanting to do this swap on my rig too! I’ve been in contact with America’s most wanted 4x4 and they told me that the transmission is a weak point on our jeeps. I was wondering if you’ve have any issues since doing this swap?
I haven’t had any issues, I would imagine the 6.4 & up would require a beefier trans. I believe even America’s Most Wanted also uses the factory trans for the 5.7L. Last I checked Northridge 4x4 listed the 5.7 kit installed for $22,000ish, I can’t imagine at that price there is a trans included. They also don’t advertise the 5.7 kit on their website, I just happened upon that listing when I was on Northridge’s website one day.

OP
OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
I just checked, it is $30,000 now and states it uses the 8HP75.

OP
OP
TexasSRT

TexasSRT

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
Damn I wish I would have hoped on it when it was still at 22k! I’m not sure why it needs the new transmission!

Have you been hard on it since the swap? How’s the MPG’s?
I’m never hard on my vehicles but I’ve also pulled a 8.5x18 trailer through the Colorado mountains with no problems, which is usually pretty hard on a trans. I have about 15,000 miles since the swap, with no issues.

296EF0FF-4781-44AC-8E78-D8AC08B12D58.jpeg

993AFD83-2FB3-41A0-BBEF-669C02C7644D.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: VNT