Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
I wonder if jeep put in a different tune in the Rubicon Manual ,as apposed to the sport ? Mine is alot better with 5:13 but not as good as it could be still .
Sponsored

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Ummm. No.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I wonder if jeep put in a different tune in the Rubicon Manual ,as apposed to the sport ? Mine is alot better with 5:13 but not as good as it could be still .
What? You realize these are physical gears in the transmission? There is no "tune" to be done.

Rockywoolf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
I’m on 37s with 5.13 gears. Perfect combo

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What? You realize these are physical gears in the transmission? There is no "tune" to be done.
Do you realize When i say" tune" i am referring too engine management...ie Torque control of the 3.6 !!!!

Sponsored

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m on 37s with 5.13 gears. Perfect combo
They are not perfect .. for my style . my 03 rubicon with 4:88 are nearly perfect. ( Off road ) but ya who does that on this forum?

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Can you show me the proof , are you a teck from FCA?
Can you show me proof that it is not "as good as it could be"?

Or describe what you mean in the first place when you say "it's good"?

Either way it's an anemic dog shit motor with no torque that has no right to be in a vehicle weighing anything more than a miata.

Torque management, or make your S have less power to protect your vehicle from you and itself since most people will never know, works in conjunction with info being received/shared with the auto trans and is most "active" during gear changes. Can it be done with a manual? Sure. In its most basic form the trans would need a sensor indicting when it is in and out of gear, to let the engine know it needs to pull power because the trans is being shifted. Tons of problems with that because the trans will never know WHAT gear it's going to be shifted into or if it's going to be shifred into a gear at all. So I'm replying now to my own smart ass answer and saying maybe, and that if so the torque management woyld either be simpler and less present in general or much simpler and more present in general if it were thrown out as some sort of blanket catchall type thing.

Probably never possible to tell just by driving twould different trans equipped vehicles back to back because of the autos extra gearing and torque multiplication and converter slip. So sorry for original response. I won't get into it but I read a whole lot into your simple question instantaneously and responded accordingly.

One would HOPE TM would be less presemy in the manual. But good G I hope not. Because if we're being given all therelse is to give...... barf.

Anyhoo, I may search for a Rubi manual at local dealers and see if I can get a Test drive to feel the difference between mine and the 4.10 gear sets. I'd go 5.13s with mine if I ever did it since you apparently sacrifice strength with reduced pinion gear count once you hit 4.56 with these axles anyway. I hesitate to change gears since I have two leave years left. And woyld have to invest in something to fix the speedometer so as not to rack up fake additional miles. But if I felt a huge difference when driving a Rubi my credit card would start burning a hole in my pocket with only one way to put it out. I know me.

I've regeared two vehicles in my life. 5.0 Mustang went from 2.73 to 3.55 and felt like I put a new big block in it. Silverado went from 4.10 to 4.88 and was happy and disapointed. Helped a friend go from 3.73 to 3.08 in a camaro....I fought that one... and the thing was a pig. Manuals seem to respond to gearing well.

I talk too much.
Sponsored