5.13 gears 35 inch tires and 8 speed auto

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Anybody running 5.13s with 35s and auto? I appreciate everyone’s feedback but responses with 37s, or 35s and 4.10s won’t help me. I currently run 35s and 4.10s and will definitely regear to 4.88 or 5.13. I want to go 5.13 but would appreciate any feedback from those that have 35s and auto with 4.88 or 5.13. Calculators show 5.13 will be around 2700 rom at 80 and I can live with that since most of my driving is below 70 mph. Anyone with 4.88 and 35s and auto wish they went 5.13 or with 5.13 wish they went 4.88? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Anybody running 5.13s with 35s and auto? I appreciate everyone’s feedback but responses with 37s, or 35s and 4.10s won’t help me. I currently run 35s and 4.10s and will definitely regear to 4.88 or 5.13. I want to go 5.13 but would appreciate any feedback from those that have 35s and auto with 4.88 or 5.13. Calculators show 5.13 will be around 2700 rom at 80 and I can live with that since most of my driving is below 70 mph. Anyone with 4.88 and 35s and auto wish they went 5.13 or with 5.13 wish they went 4.88? Thanks in advance!

do you have the 2.0T or the V6?

I'm no expert but I've seen plenty of post on here regarding this and most say there is no need to regear the JLUR with 35's ....Jeep expert at my local dealer said there is no need for it especially with the 2.0T for what ever that is worth

OP
OP

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
do you have the 2.0T or the V6?

I'm no expert but I've seen plenty of post on here regarding this and most say there is no need to regear the JLUR with 35's ....Jeep expert at my local dealer said there is no need for it especially with the 2.0T for what ever that is worth
I have the V6. Thanks for the reply. I see those comments of not needing to regear a lot too. I’m hoping someone who has done a regear can reply and share their thoughts on 4.88 vs 5.13. I see a lot of comments with 37s but not with 35s. I’m guessing because most with 35s don’t do it but hoping someone who has will chime in.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Do you intend on lifting and moving up larger than 35s? I only ask because I would rather pay to regear once. For me personally, I haven't regeared yet as I plan to move along in the build away from 35s. Now if you're dead set on keeping 35s and those are the only choices you will consider, than I would personally go 4.88s. Mainly because I travel long distances if/when it leaves the garage. But you have used the calculator, pick whatever fits your needs not others. I had multiple people and vendors in the past insist I go 4.10's on a different (non jeep) build against my math. Long story short, I regeared a second time to a gear set that I was originally dead set on using.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
4.56 will give you your stock performance back. 4.88s will give you a little extra low end over the stock 4.10s. 5.13s are going to be great on the trail and crawling rocks but thirsty and tiresome on the highway. If you are planning on moving up to 38-40s then the 5.13s would be a good choice.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
4.56 or 4.88 would be good for 35s. 4.88 will cover you if you go 37s in the future. People who say no need to regear don't know what they talking about. It's not chump change to regear and you get nothing cosmetic, only performance. Perhaps you also call a couple offroad shops including the guys at Northridge4x4 and call some of the manufactures like Revolution Gear or Yukon.

I run 5.13s with 3.6/auto/37s.

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
What ever you pick there alway going be 2nd guessing. I’m a sports owner with 4.88 and life is ok!! Life would be bad on stock gears !!

OP
OP

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm guessing what you need here is a few more people to chime in with 0 first-hand experience with the combination you are asking about.:CWL:
I appreciate everyone responding but true I can’t seem to get feedback from people with experience with this setup. Since 90% of my on-road driving is around town I’m going with 5.13. I will report back after I get some miles on them.
Do you intend on lifting and moving up larger than 35s? I only ask because I would rather pay to regear once. For me personally, I haven't regeared yet as I plan to move along in the build away from 35s. Now if you're dead set on keeping 35s and those are the only choices you will consider, than I would personally go 4.88s. Mainly because I travel long distances if/when it leaves the garage. But you have used the calculator, pick whatever fits your needs not others. I had multiple people and vendors in the past insist I go 4.10's on a different (non jeep) build against my math. Long story short, I regeared a second time to a gear set that I was originally dead set on using.
it is lifted now with Dynatrac lift. I’m not going higher and I’m sticking with 35s. I don’t hit the highway much and I would rather err on the side that benefits off road vs highway so I’m leaning to 5.13.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Since you spend very little time on the highway, then you will like them and you can move up a tire size with no problem if you want. The 5.13s will be great in town and on the trail. I used to run 4.30s with 34" tires years ago, it was a great all around combo. But If I did that gain, I would probably do 4.56s.

OP
OP

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
What ever you pick there alway going be 2nd guessing. I’m a sports owner with 4.88 and life is ok!! Life would be bad on stock gears !!
If you run 35s then I actually found a response from someone who runs what I’m asking about. Sounds like you are happy with 4.88. Do you ever find yourself thinking well maybe I could have gone to 5.13? I realize that is personal preference and it really depends on how you use your Jeep but curious on your thoughts. Thanks.

OP
OP

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Since you spend very little time on the highway, then you will like them and you can move up a tire size with no problem if you want. The 5.13s will be great in town and on the trail. I used to run 4.30s with 34" tires years ago, it was a great all around combo. But If I did that gain, I would probably do 4.56s.
You are saying what I want to hear. I’ll let you guys know in a few weeks after I get them in and get some miles on them. Thanks

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate everyone responding but true I can’t seem to get feedback from people with experience with this setup. Since 90% of my on-road driving is around town I’m going with 5.13. I will report back after I get some miles on them.

it is lifted now with Dynatrac lift. I’m not going higher and I’m sticking with 35s. I don’t hit the highway much and I would rather err on the side that benefits off road vs highway so I’m leaning to 5.13.
I’d love to hear your impressions when your swap is done. I’m contemplating the same swap.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
I currently have 4.88 on 35's. with the V6. I am very happy with the performance on and offroad. I do see 8th gear all the time. In town driving I average about 13MPG's. She will def get up and go. I have not had any problems on the trails at all. Lots of torque and climbed right up hells gate in moab without breaking a sweat. Highway mpgs is about 15 to 16 at 65 to 70mph. Anything over that an mpgs begins to tank. at 70mph I set at about 2000 rpms. Hope this helps a bit.
Sponsored