Sponsored

5,000 Mile Reliability Poll

Have you went 5,000 miles without issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
... We bought our Jeep in spite of this (we just bought the extended warranty).
Jeep has had so much bad press for so long that you’d have to have been living in the mountains of Kazakstan to not be aware. And then to post a vague poll on a forum (where people go when they’re having problems)...
The warranty is great. If you get a rental, FCA doesn’t pay upfront. They reimburse you, up to 90 days later. This time I have a dealer loaner, but it isn’t 4WD and it snowed today.

Yes, everyone knows Jeep isn’t great on reliability. The new JL falls below even those standards. I have been on ALOT of other vehicle forums. Yes, people with problems go there. But the percentage of posts regarding issues is much less on other forums.

I challenge you to find another vehicle that has had as many first year recalls as the JL.

D74A5774-52AE-45CE-9B01-6668B7DAD0B8.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@Shaved Ice

Please do not take my comments as being aimed at you. YES. you have every right to be, lets say conflicted. Hang in there and work it through. I do feel that your situation, is not the norm though.

My comments that seemed kinda poking at those doing the poll are only aimed at the oblivious JL owner's that think their JL has no issues, even simple issues.
Thank you for your replies. You always provide well though out posts.

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So you are conducting a poll asking people if they have had bad experiences on a forum full of people who probably joined because they had a bad experience. Happy joyous people don't get on forums (usually) and dance a jig and sing praises. So be prepared for a skewed response sample.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had zero flaws at 5k. (Not kidding, @Rhinebeck Lol!). At 14k I noticed a very very slight wobble on a bump at about 50mph under very specific circumstances. Otherwise, it drives just fine. I drove 400 miles yesterday with it not displaying the behavior. Still, I took it in and had the dealer order a new stabilizer, which they gladly did. I also just had my Uconnect go funny on me, disabling the ESS and cutting out the backup camera. I did a reboot with the help of @Rhinebeck01 and it seems to have cured it. While trying to get off-road pages, we (Uconnect and I) discovered that my Jeep for some reason doesn't want to download updates, so we'll figure that out. Otherwise, this thing has been GREAT. It is a beast! I couldn't be happier with it.

Edit...I forgot one thing....It did have spring bow with the Mopar lift on the driver side front. They replaced the pad with an updated one. I don't count it as a problem, though, because it never rubbed the bump stop, even with some pretty hard off roading.

We don't count a tiny glue drip on the fiberglass from the hard top window adhesive as a problem, right? Then my Jeep was that close to perfect.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
At 9,000 miles I have only had my Jeep at the dealer once. That was for the UConnect issue where the Apple CarPlay maps app thought I was in a different location. Otherwise no issues or recalls. My Jeep is a soft top and manual transmission with no lift so I have avoided some of the common issues.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
@Shaved Ice

Reality is EVERY JL owner has had or should have had, taken their JL into the Service Department for some type of fix.

If they did not bring their JL in, then they are oblivious to things that are a muck on their JL, are ignoring recalls from FCA, etc., or they have fixed the issue themselves.

I have had assorted issues but have fixed them myself. Yes, have had service department do necessary computer flashes, twice now. They replaced a yellowing Bright White grill and one grill molding, also.

I have about 9,000 miles on the odometer.

I laugh each time I read a JL owner here saying they have a JL that is perfect, has nothing wrong with it, no quirks, no hiccups.
Also at 9k miles, and you can laugh away at me... no issues other than weld recall, which required no action. My rig had cruise control recall done before it was released to me.

There are three annoyances that I have, but I’ll work them out myself when I get motivated: 1) Driver’s side a -pillar noise. Sounds like wires in there are not taped down. I do not trust a dealer to take it apart, but might trust a stereo installer if I’m really too lazy to tackle it. 2) My soft top rear window flaps that secure the bottom come undone after highway driving. Everyone has this. I saw one post where a clever guy resolved it with magnets. Maybe someday, but it causes me no harm. 3) Even after turning the aim of my LEDs downward by 1 full rotation, I still get flashed a lot.

That’s it! No dead batteries, no codes, no nothin’ - it steers great, manual transmission is smooth as butter, and I love every minute behind the wheel. Even my welds look just fine to my untrained eye, and also to FCA’s for what little that’s worth.

A-pillar noise does get to me a bit now that the top is always up, but I know I can fix it.

Edit: Doh! I forgot about my 8.4” UConnect. That SOB can be annoying. Backup lines disappear from time to time, or volume gets lost. Reboot with Tazer to fix it.

So, yeah, annoyances... no big problems like others have had.

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So you are conducting a poll asking people if they have had bad experiences on a forum full of people who probably joined because they had a bad experience. Happy joyous people don't get on forums (usually) and dance a jig and sing praises. So be prepared for a skewed response sample.
I have been on a lot of auto forums. I am aware of the effect you speak of. I am also aware of how much the Jeep community likes to interact with others with the same affliction. There are lots of people here just wanting to connect.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
9300 miles, no issues. Couple of 300+ mile trips in there as well.

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
Just hit 8,000 miles and no major issues. Sorry your JL is having issues, OP. I cant say for sure but it sounds like you just happened to get a poorly built JL. I'd bet if you were to get another JL it woudnt be as problematic. Whatever you decide, best of luck

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I did not join the forum because i had issue with my wrangler, I joined because it is a fun place to talk about JL.

My wrangler steering wheel is off centered on the day of delivery, dealer service dept. took care of it, alignment and drag link adjustment.

Sitting at 1,000 miles now, my issue is I do not have the time and money to do many mods I want.

Sponsored

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
I ordered my JLURT when the books open. Got it in September 15th I believe. I'm currently at 3k miles mostly city driving. Did offroading and earn my badge of honor (scratches on my paint) at 800 miles. I've own 3 jeeps already 2 new and 1 pre-owned. I've had no problems with any them, ever other than regular maintenances. A 14' JKU, 17' JKU and now 18' JLURT. I'm a car person with a 850whp Evo in my garage along with my Jeep. I am very anal with all my cars and noticed everything down to my scratches. I will most certainly notice any issues and most definitely bring it in for any small issues. I've been very happy and impressed with how far the JL has come compared to the JK. It's still a solid axle but feels solid all the way around and almost luxurious in a rugged way.

When I ordered my 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL in summit white back then. They had to replace my new transmission with a new transmission. The truck came off the 18 wheeler day of delivery with a dead trans. I just wanted to throw that out there. I kept having issues with that 8-speed. It was a great truck but that trans was garbage and I would never dare own that thing pass it's warranty. Guess what truck was there reliability when I had issues with the GMC and it was in the shop, you guess it, the JKU.

I guess I've been the lucky one. Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. I know the feeling =( but I did still love that GMC, just not as much as I love the Jeep. So, like some of you guys said you still love your jeep even though the issues you may be having or had.

edit: My Jeep is my toy and I didn't join obviously to complain about any issues. I just like to read/ watch/ learn Jeep related content.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have been on a lot of auto forums. I am aware of the effect you speak of. I am also aware of how much the Jeep community likes to interact with others with the same affliction. There are lots of people here just wanting to connect.
That's exactly why I joined. I wanted to learn from other people and just read and be envious of what they were doing. There are not many trails here in SW Ohio! I can't wait to get my JL. It was supposed to be shipped Saturday!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I challenge you to find another vehicle that has had as many first year recalls as the JL.

D74A5774-52AE-45CE-9B01-6668B7DAD0B8.jpeg
Challenge accepted.

That was too easy:

*Looks like our group just complains more than others..

2018 FORD F150 SUPERCAB.jpg
- - -
2018 vw atlas.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Challenge accepted.

That was too easy:

*Looks like our group just complains more than others..

2018 FORD F150 SUPERCAB.jpg
- - -
2018 vw atlas.JPG
Thank you for the research. Though 2018 F-150 is not a first year vehicle, it still helps put things in perspective.
Sponsored

Last edited: