5” UConnect help

Hawks802

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimited JL
Was wondering if anyone could help me here, I broke my 5” uconnect screen and bought one off a fellow jeeper. I have the vin number it came out of, do I really need to go to the dealership to have this installed?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Was wondering if anyone could help me here, I broke my 5” uconnect screen and bought one off a fellow jeeper. I have the vin number it came out of, do I really need to go to the dealership to have this installed?
It will be a plug and play install. However, you will need the security code for the new radio. You may need the seller to use his/her VIN to get it for you. There's a chance you dealership might be able to get it, but I heard it's 50/50 and they also might charge you a fee.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We do recommend having this feature installed by your certified dealer. If you have any questions during your service, we would be happy to answer them for you privately.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored