Sponsored

4XE wont start doors off locked

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
My 4xe has 4k miles and wouldn't start today. Doors have been off for over a week.
Turns out the locking mechanism needed to be reset a few times (easily pushing lock/unlock/lock/unlock/unlock) and then use the actual key to push the start button.
It's my first jeep, so I'm not sure if this is 4xe-specific, but wanted to get the info out there. Save someone the concern.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you had to actually press the start button with the fob, you have a problem and it likely has nothing to do with your doors being off.

OP
OP
HaydenJMK

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
If you had to actually press the start button with the fob, you have a problem and it likely has nothing to do with your doors being off.
Thanks for the reply - it was very strange, since I've not had the issue prior. I was just at the dealer getting the ball joint tightened, but maybe it's worth checking out.
Curious if anyone's seen or heard of something similar on any type or year jeep.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Fob push is the fob dead battery overide. It could just be the battery is going in that fob, did you try the other?

From the manual:
NOTE:
In case the ignition switch does not change with
the push of the START/STOP ignition button, the
key fob may have a low or depleted battery. In
this situation, a backup method can be used to
operate the ignition switch. Put the nose side of
the key fob (side with the mechanical flip key)
against the START/STOP ignition button and
push to operate the ignition switch.

OP
OP
HaydenJMK

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Thanks for the feedback
I didn't try the other one, but I did try pushing the start/stop button with the fob to start it, but that didn't work. It was all very strange.
Shortly after, I got a major upgrade pushed through automatically to my car. I couldn't drive it for several hours while it did a system-generated "upgrade". I left it overnight to upgrade so I wasn't inconvenienced. The whole thing has me concerned and extremely grateful that I bought the MOPAR extended warranty
Sponsored