4XE Won’t Start

Landobando

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I am hoping someone can help. My Jeep 4xe has been having troubles starting leaving me stranded. It’s happened 6 times in the last three weeks. It happened 5 times during a road trip over the holidays so I brought it into the dealership. They told me there is a recall for something to do with cold air entering from the gas cap area which is causing the battery to die and fixed it. However just 4 days after picking up the car from the dealership I was left stranded once again with the same issue. The car was towed into the dealership Tuesday and the update is they haven’t been able to diagnose the issue. They did say they are in contact with Jeep. Bummer part is they haven’t given me a loaner car and won’t provide an eta on when the jeep will be fixed. I love my Jeep but have lost complete trust of this new power train. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I’ve attached some images of the service notifications that pop up on the dash.

Please help! I am paying monthly payments for a car I haven’t really had the past few weeks!
F8027775-927D-49FA-9282-E9464AC1DA5D.jpeg
5A4E1E2D-F284-474F-A992-B09267F8E32E.jpeg
Advertisement

SpaceCase

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
They told me there is a recall for something to do with cold air entering from the gas cap area which is causing the battery to die and fixed it.
Do you still have the paperwork from the last visit? I am curious what this recall entails and if there is a recall code. Never heard of cold air entering the gas filler area...

wrexdet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I have heard of dealerships paying car payments in situations where they keep your vehicle for an extended period of time....but I don't know the specifics and how difficult it might be to convince your dealership to do something like that.

OP
OP

Landobando

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Do you still have the paperwork from the last visit? I am curious what this recall entails and if there is a recall code. Never heard of cold air entering the gas filler area...
I do in the glove box! Happy to share when I get the jeep back (if I get it back).

OP
OP

Landobando

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I have heard of dealerships paying car payments in situations where they keep your vehicle for an extended period of time....but I don't know the specifics and how difficult it might be to convince your dealership to do something like that.
That’s encouraging! I honestly might ask them to trade it for a standard v6 rubicon. I love the 4xe but really regretting my decision due to it being so unreliable..

john adams

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubi Diesel (in the womb), Bolt, RAV4
That’s encouraging! I honestly might ask them to trade it for a standard v6 rubicon. I love the 4xe but really regretting my decision due to it being so unreliable..
The 4xe was the best test drive I had. I put in an order for one but have since canceled and re-ordered. Too many serious issues, too many lesser issues, terrible service response.

I will keep my eye on them because I'd like one someday but Jeep's PHEV tech is not ready for prime time.

sconrad24

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Is the Jeep turning on and giving you that message or is it not even turning on? And if its not turning on when they "fixed it" did they replace or just charge the standard battery? I am guessing the little battery was depleted due to the issue and is not holding a charge.

KebertXela

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 4xe for almost a year now, 22,000 miles on it. Driven it across the country 4 times, and have not had any issues other than a broken windshield and some recalls/software updates (knock-on-wood).

It sounds like you have a very specific issue with your 4xe. At least see if they can figure out what the issue is. One of the reasons I got the 4xe was for the HP and Torque. Switching to a v6, you will lose all of that...

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement