Sponsored

4xe - Tow Package

coachakpenrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 18
I found the 4xe I want — but does not have a row package.

the dealership they can’t add it bc the engine is only a 2.0 — but they can add a hitch.

can someone please explain.

we have a motor home and will be towing the Jeep so a hitch would prob still work — or should I keep searching for tow package?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

the dealership they can’t add it bc the engine is only a 2.0 — but they can add a hitch.

we have a motor home and will be towing the Jeep so a hitch would prob still work — or should I keep searching for tow package?
I think Mopar has a retrofit kit. There's definitely one for the aux switches, and the hitch is available seperately.
Aux: 82215798AE
Hitch: 82215209

They also have a TOAD kit: 82216358AA

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
It took some work but I confirmed on the Jeep site that you CAN order the 4xE with the tow package. Search for 4xe, then you get a chance to see the 4xe, scroll down and you'll see the button for build your 4xe. Option is there...so I'd say it can be added. Much easier to buy it built that way though.

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why they cannot add what is an option from the factory.....but if you have to have it, you may want to just do a factory order.....our order sheet below with that option (yes, on the 2.0 engine, which is the only engine option on the 4XE right now):

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe - Tow Package Pickup_Inspection_Checklist

Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner

Not sure why the dealer said "because the engine is only a 2.0L" I thought the tow rating for all Wranglers was the same regardless of powertrain, maybe 3500 lbs?. Maybe I'm off on that.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That dealer sucks. And I am not surprised. The 2.0 has the same tow rating as the 3.6 which has the same tow rating as the Diesel, etc... All you need is a hitch and the towing harness and you are good to tow.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Not sure why the dealer said "because the engine is only a 2.0L" I thought the tow rating for all Wranglers was the same regardless of powertrain, maybe 3500 lbs?. Maybe I'm off on that.
Pretty sure you're right. I think the Gladiator gets an extra 1,000 but that's the only one that's not 3,500

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
yeah.... these crooks talk about the 2.0 as if it was a lesser option in terms of performance. Just cause it is a small 4cyl engine you know. Stay away from that dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

coachakpenrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 18
What I received back

my question now would be get this added on later at a Mopar service?

“Basically the wiring harness is what it not comparable he thought he could make something work we just don’t have the technology to do it here! Could get it done somewhere else.”

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Pretty sure you're right. I think the Gladiator gets an extra 1,000 but that's the only one that's not 3,500
Gladiator tow capacity is around 7,000 pounds depending on model. Rubicon and max tow having the best tow ratings.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Gladiator tow capacity is around 7,000 pounds depending on model. Rubicon and max tow having the best tow ratings.
Oh. I only ever saw this when looking for Wrangler info. That's just what comes up on a Google search of tow capacity, I didn't look too hard since we don't have a Gladiator

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe - Tow Package Screenshot_20210701-215038_Google

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Oh. I only ever saw this when looking for Wrangler info. That's just what comes up on a Google search of tow capacity, I didn't look too hard since we don't have a Gladiator

You are correct in it definitely does say that when I google as well. However the Max tow gets like 7650 lbs and the Rubicon I believe is 7000 or 7500. Strange it would display that on first google search.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Manual Transmission Gladiators aren't rated the same as the Automatics.
Sponsored