4XE tax credit to $12,500?

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Sure will punch the value of our 4xe’s resale for the next few years right in the gut...
Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
The materials for building batteries are EXTREMELY limited and extremely dirty to mine. Electric vehicles will continue to be a novelty until the materials needed to build batteries are readily available and not materials that are extremely rare on the planet.

Its a great idea, "clean" electric cars. But the current materials required to build a battery just aren't going to cut it.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
How much incentive on the 392 ? 🤣😂 A gas guzzler tax. LOL

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Another potential issue is that when a bill like this is introduced, it may have the short-term effect of lowering EV sales because people will wait to see if they can get the bigger subsidy. Also, when Tesla sold enough cars to no longer qualify for the subsidy, they almost immediately dropped the price of their cars by pretty much the value of the subsidy🙄. So, it effectively was just lining the pockets of the company more than offsetting the actual cost of the vehicles.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Is anyone else hearing from their dealer that the current $7,500 tax credit is no longer applied as a capital cost reduction for a lease, and rather it follows the same model as a purchase (leasee applies for the $7,500 at year end taxes)?

Sponsored

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Sure will punch the value of our 4xe’s resale for the next few years right in the gut...
Yup, that's been my thought exactly.

Many states have their own incentives, but, you have to buy the vehicle in your state of residence (from what I've found). NY has an interesting clause that vehicles over a certain price point qualify for less of a rebate - NY idea is that if you're buying a car for MSRP more than 60k (rev to 42k at end of June), then this probably isn't affecting your decision to purchase (that and you earn enough that you can afford to pay more).

NY details: https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/Drive-Clean-Rebate/How-it-Works

Anyhow the biggest advancements are coming with solid state batteries.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Well, it’s just dirty slave children in countries far far away. We can’t see them, so they basically don’t exist. As long as it’s clean here, that’s all that matters.
The battery industry is working to transition from cobalt to nickel. This is for both for the ESG concernes and the political instability issues that could impact the supply chain.

AVVATX

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Is anyone else hearing from their dealer that the current $7,500 tax credit is no longer applied as a capital cost reduction for a lease, and rather it follows the same model as a purchase (leasee applies for the $7,500 at year end taxes)?
I leased mine in VA with no issues. The dealership applied the tax credit to reduce the lease value.
Be aware that the dealership already claimed this credit. Do not try to claim the tax credit again on your taxes.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I leased mine in VA with no issues. The dealership applied the tax credit to reduce the lease value.
Be aware that the dealership already claimed this credit. Do not try to claim the tax credit again on your taxes.
Thank you and confirmed as well. Dealer in Ohio honored. They had never done one before so it took them a bit to figure it out.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Well damn, lol. If I'd known I could get the dealership to apply the tax credit at the point of purchase, I'd have gone for the 4xe. Oh well.
Sponsored