Sponsored

4XE tax credit!!!!! Not able to receive it!

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
So we file taxes pay as you go, we told our accountant in April that we were purchasing the 4xe and we would qualify. We called this week about it and they found out that we don’t qualify because we have already paid all of our taxes, and it’s non refundable!!! So looks like we just lost $7,500. So PSA to all, also not sure if anyone else has had experience with it!! Any help appreciated!
Note I am not an accountant.
Have him send in amended return. We had an accounting firm who royally f'd up our taxes and basically reported we owed more than we made. LOOONNG story. But we then hired a new firm and they sent in an amended return with corrected amounts. The only issue is the IRS is running really slow, and make sure you document everything.
Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
isnt it funny that they have no problem taking interest free loans?
In theory If you estimate you payments correctly you only pay what you owe as you go, and do not loan the government any funds. And if you do give them an interest free loan and they do not return that loan timely, the government does pay interest on your loan to them–

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Anyone know if your liability is 5k, and you qualify for the 7.5k rebate, can you claim 5k this year and roll over the surplus 2.5k to the following year?

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Anyone know if your liability is 5k, and you qualify for the 7.5k rebate, can you claim 5k this year and roll over the surplus 2.5k to the following year?
No you are not allowed to. It has to be in the same year you bought the 4xe.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

What about used 4xe at ridiculous prices? How does that work? Would never buy a used 4xe myself. I called one dealer to buy a diesel tried to get me to buy a used 4xe.... No thanks. The supposed tax is gone once the first buyer takes ownership? Why so many 4xe being sold off?

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2019 Ram 2500
How is your accountant still in business? I have a sixth grade education and I can figure this out. Your tax withholdings or prepayments has no bearing on your ability to claim the $7500 credit.

Lil Ronnie

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Retired LEO
"GREAT NEWS" for 2023 tax credit fans." Just in (12-30-2022) the IRS has made it official. If your "NEW" 4xe Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Chrysler Pacifica is delivered in 2023 (that's correct!!!) 2023 these three 4xe vehicles, and many other brands, will still qualify for the tax credit of $7,500. This is the IRS writing these facts, not me. See attachments below.

I know this is going to make a bunch of us very happy. Especially my bride.

My new Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve is built and was shipped on 12-14-2022 with delivery said to be by 1-18-2023.

Blessings to all,

L'il Ronnie
Sponsored