Sponsored

4xe speedometer calibration

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
About to get new 34" tires on my 4xe. Anyone explored speedometer calibration yet? Wondering if JL calibrators will work on the 4xe or whether this is a dealership issue because of the new tech.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

About to get new 34" tires on my 4xe. Anyone explored speedometer calibration yet? Wondering if JL calibrators will work on the 4xe or whether this is a dealership issue because of the new tech.
JSCAN or Tazer should both work to change tire size without issue.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
TAZER doesnt work as of now (as per someone in the FB 4xe grp), they are working on an update..

OP
OP
Jonnie4xe

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
TAZER doesnt work as of now (as per someone in the FB 4xe grp), they are working on an update..
Z Automotive says it's compatible as per email excerpt below:

Hi Jon,

Yep, totally compatible. And once you change your tire size, then do a Full Reboot and two sleep cycles as described in the manual, you'll want to follow that with a 20 minute drive, preferably highway. Your sensors will all adjust during that ride, fixing the shift points etc.

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Z Automotive says it's compatible as per email excerpt below:

Hi Jon,

Yep, totally compatible. And once you change your tire size, then do a Full Reboot and two sleep cycles as described in the manual, you'll want to follow that with a 20 minute drive, preferably highway. Your sensors will all adjust during that ride, fixing the shift points etc.

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive
Check the FB thread below, the OP had issues while using Tazer and also Joe Z from Z Automotives comment on them providing an update for 4xe.

Sponsored

eLECTRICON

I bought a 4XE which will be here next week so not only can I fix any issues with programming tire size but I’ll be adding some 4xe-specific features as well.
looking forward to this one coming in!
I have a 4xe and a Tazer. Please PM me or update this thread ASAP please.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe speedometer calibration IMG_20210421_002056_419

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I have a 4xe and a Tazer. Please PM me or update this thread ASAP please.
My 4XE is bought and being delivered on Tuesday. As soon as I get it I’ll be working on the update to allow the tire size changes. I’ll also be working on adding some 4XE-specific features in the days and weeks after it arrives.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My 4XE is bought and being delivered on Tuesday. As soon as I get it I’ll be working on the update to allow the tire size changes. I’ll also be working on adding some 4XE-specific features in the days and weeks after it arrives.
can’t wait! We just ordered a Tazer for my wife’s 4XE

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Joe. 4XE and 392 all in same month :like:

eLECTRICON

I just want to say thank you, and I appreciate what you do for the Jeep community!!!

rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
This is very exciting news. I'm curious if you have any ideas about what 4xe specific features might be available. I'm guessing you won't know until you have yours in hand and can start to investigate?

eLECTRICON

LOL!! I know this is just a little mod, but I'm so excited like a thief at a pawn shop!!
Sponsored