Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
4xe I’m picking up Monday numbers are

Rear 674AA
Front 665AD

looks like your were 673AA and 666AD

wonder if the 4xe runs just like the jlus where 1 digit means ~ 1/4 inch.Was hoping they matched yours perfectly for the rake you got, perhaps I’ll have a 1/2 spacer on hand for install just in case
The set I have (not installed yet):

Rear 674AA
Front 677AD

I'm guessing you are right about the 1 digit being 1/4". When I finally change mine I will take lots of measurements.
Sponsored

DustinM3

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
The set I have (not installed yet):

Rear 674AA
Front 677AD

I'm guessing you are right about the 1 digit being 1/4". When I finally change mine I will take lots of measurements.
same here I’ll be installing either next weekend or 2 weeks. Keep me posted!

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
same here I’ll be installing either next weekend or 2 weeks. Keep me posted!
Any updates on this? Really curious if anyone has installed a 4xe suspension set on a non-4xe model yet... My brother just bought a set, and I am not sure if it will be a happy accident, or if i should redirect him to get a non4xe setup. The stiffer spring could be helpful for towing his offroad trailer and to get a bit better ride height out of his Spot S.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Mine worked out great. Still no complaints whatsoever. 👍
Fun and easy to drive. Tracks straight. Rides smooth and corners well.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Sahara suspension on non-4xe 2E639407-824B-4FFE-9733-5F433602EE4E

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Mine worked out great. Still no complaints whatsoever. 👍
Fun and easy to drive. Tracks straight. Rides smooth and corners well.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Sahara suspension on non-4xe 2E639407-824B-4FFE-9733-5F433602EE4E
So you installed 4xe springs and shocks on your two door and it’s not too stiff, not too much rake, etc. ? That’s great!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
So you installed 4xe springs and shocks on your two door and it’s not too stiff, not too much rake, etc. ? That’s great!
Correct, I think I might’ve been the first to try it, actually. I got the take off parts practically new for a really good price and figured WTH, someone’s gotta try it at some point!

No, rake was not an issue - check out my post via the link at the bottom if you haven’t already. The metrics from the lift are in there - it basically came out with similar rake that i had stock going in, about half an inch. And yes, I have the rubi OEM steel bumper. I was completely happy with the lift I got from it!

As far as the ride - It will be stiffer - which you would expect anyway going from a sport to rubi suspension. You also have to expect that given the parts’ metrics. I do notice “smaller” bumps in the road a little more, but it isn’t “board” stiff or uncomfortable or anything. And I do think it handles larger bumps noticeably better than stock (I.e. curbs, potholes, driveways, uneven pavement). If anything, I’d say it drives more like what I would expect a wrangler to feel like; the stock sport suspension was too “boaty-floaty” to begin with imho, and the backend always seemed to sag with added weight. Overall, I’d have to say that the ride is still better than previous versions of the wrangler I’ve driven in. At this point, I really don’t even notice the “ride quality” difference anymore. And - It definitely corners better and stays more planted / less body roll when turning. I did add new wheels/tires and adjustable lower control arms, too, which also help. Thanks @blnewt
At this point, I see no reason to change a thing going forward until I need to replace parts due to wear - so hopefully not for another 50k miles! 😊

Anecdotally - I recently drove six hours down and back to Delaware and it was still a comfortable ride - and that was taking 95 over the GW bridge through NYC’s pothole alley! (Those of you in NYC know exactly what I’m taking about!). So yeah, overall, I’d call it a win. 👍
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/page-19
Sponsored