4xe Sahara suspension on non-4xe

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Anyone have interest in changing their suspension to the 4xe Sahara suspension? I believe this should be 1” taller than a standard wrangler from what others have said on the forums. I’m considering upgrading and wanted to see if I could find a buyer for my stock setup as this would likely influence me to move forward with my upgrade.

This would be my full setup…shocks/coils/lower control arms/endlinks/bumps, the whole kit.
Sponsored

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
I just bought 4xe Rubicon suspension and plan to put it on my Sahara. I got the shocks, springs and endlinks and paid $300 CAD. I believe everything other than the springs and shocks are the same on all JLUs.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I am betting you will get more than 1” in the rear. There is a LOT more weight in the back of the 4xe. I am also betting the ride will be a good bit stiffer with those springs and shocks on a non 4xe.

now, wher i think it could be a great option would be folks looking to keep a “stock-ish” jeep, who want to overland & plan for a RTT, or carrying the kitchen sink in back.

curious to hear the results.

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
I am betting you will get more than 1” in the rear. There is a LOT more weight in the back of the 4xe. I am also betting the ride will be a good bit stiffer with those springs and shocks on a non 4xe.

now, wher i think it could be a great option would be folks looking to keep a “stock-ish” jeep, who want to overland & plan for a RTT, or carrying the kitchen sink in back.

curious to hear the results.
I am worried about that too. I'm going to try them anyway. If it's too stiff I'll switch back. If it's not too stiff but there is too much rake I will add spacers to the front.

Fronts 68253667AD are the same as a diesel. Rears 68413674AA I can't find any info on them. They don't follow the conventional number so it's hard to even guess.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Have you completed this? How did it work? Got a sport and actually have the rubi 4xe springs and shocks. Should I put on?

Sponsored

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
Have you completed this? How did it work? Got a sport and actually have the rubi 4xe springs and shocks. Should I put on?
I'm actually not putting it on until the spring. I was waiting for LCAs which finally came in. I thought I would need the lift for 35s but I'm having no issues so far. Obviously I would not go off roading like this, but for now it's good. Fits on the stock spare tire carrier as well. I bought a relocation bracket though because the reverse sensors see the tire.

IMG_20211216_172115.jpg

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I’m moving up to 33’s on my 2021 Wrangler Freedom edition from stock. Got new 17x9 rims and Falken Wildpeak 33 inch AT’s. The part numbers on the takeoff suspension I got match a rubi 4xe, so I think I would get at least two inches of lift, but don’t want a ride that would be too stiff. Also, part numbers are the same on both sides… is that bad?

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
Yeah, I’m moving up to 33’s on my 2021 Wrangler Freedom edition from stock. Got new 17x9 rims and Falken Wildpeak 33 inch AT’s. The part numbers on the takeoff suspension I got match a rubi 4xe, so I think I would get at least two inches of lift, but don’t want a ride that would be too stiff. Also, part numbers are the same on both sides… is that bad?
I believe the springs are different on the Sahara / Sport to make up for the weight of the gas tank.

When the springs get stiffer the weight difference effects them less so they can be the same.

DustinM3

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Anyone have updates on completing a 4xe to a JLU yet? Looking to go this route but there is just not much info around on it

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I'm sitting on a set of 4xe suspension that I plan to put on in the spring. You posted some good info.
Thank you. I tried to document as much as I could on it - think I might’ve been the first to try it from what I’ve seen. Been a good while and >3000 miles since I did it and no complaints 👍

DustinM3

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU

DustinM3

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I did this rubi suspension swap on my 2 door sport and think it worked out great! Link below:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/page-19
4xe I’m picking up Monday numbers are

Rear 674AA
Front 665AD

looks like your were 673AA and 666AD

wonder if the 4xe runs just like the jlus where 1 digit means ~ 1/4 inch.Was hoping they matched yours perfectly for the rake you got, perhaps I’ll have a 1/2 spacer on hand for install just in case

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe I’m picking up Monday numbers are

Rear 674AA
Front 665AD

looks like your were 673AA and 666AD

wonder if the 4xe runs just like the jlus where 1 digit means ~ 1/4 inch.Was hoping they matched yours perfectly for the rake you got, perhaps I’ll have a 1/2 spacer on hand for install just in case
Oh yeah that reminds me - I still have the Teraflex spacer kit that I bought “just in case” still sitting in my garage (yes, really)! 😂 I guess I should sell it!
Sponsored