4xe Rubicon with 2" mopar lift resulting in worse ride

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, Ford Explorer Platinum
I picked up my JLUR 4Xe on a friday(7/9/21). Was amazed by how smooth the ride was compared to my 16 ram longhorn. Mopar 2" lift was installed on tuesday. I drove it on the same routes I do daily, and I could feel ever bump and crack in the road, when hitting speed bumps at 12mph, it hops. I had the new rims and tires installed on wednesday, and it is the same. (Yes this is the new part number that was released after the recall to support the 700lbs difference). Has anyone experienced this? Most people say the ride after the mopar lift is better than stock. Could this be an install error? Please help.

jl2.jpg
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
What’s your tire pressure at? Lower to 32-35 if it’s higher then that and report back.

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
What tires did you go with, could be because of the thicker rubber if you bought E range tires

OP
OP
dral

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s your tire pressure at? Lower to 32-35 if it’s higher then that and report back.
I noticed the problem as soon as I left the dealership after the lift was installed, with stock rubicon rims and tires. I drove in for a day, and noticed this before I put the new wheels and tires. I did not change the stock tire pressure.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I noticed the problem as soon as I left the dealership after the lift was installed, with stock rubicon rims and tires. I drove in for a day, and noticed this before I put the new wheels and tires. I did not change the stock tire pressure.
Well dang. Sometimes the mopar lift needs a few additions to be more complete. I’ve added adjustable front lower control arms, adjustable front track bar and a rear track bar bracket to square things up. Are your axles shifted left to right much? As in does on side stick out significantly more than the other?

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'd make sure everything they bolted on was torqued exactly to spec on the ground after they were finished. Not sort of, not almost, not close enough, EXACTLY to spec.

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
How much clearance is there between the front bump stop and jounce bumper after installing?

OP
OP
dral

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much clearance is there between the front bump stop and jounce bumper after installing?
Looks to be about 2 1/2 inches

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
make sure they didnt put 44 psi in your tires, if it is higher than 35-38 it will cause the ride to be very ruff. I run 28 in my 37s.
What is 'Stock tire pressure'?

OP
OP
dral

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
make sure they didnt put 44 psi in your tires, if it is higher than 35-38 it will cause the ride to be very ruff. I run 28 in my 37s.
What is 'Stock tire pressure'?
37psi is the stock. The tire, and tire pressure is one variable that did not change because i drove it on stock rims and tires for 5 days, and then the same for a day after the install.

Sponsored

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
37psi is the stock. The tire, and tire pressure is one variable that did not change because i drove it on stock rims and tires for 5 days, and then the same for a day after the install.
That's normal, torque of the arms would be next - make sure they did it wheels on the ground and not hanging on the lift, ask the shop.

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
Looks to be about 2 1/2 inches
OK. That sounds normal. I had a similar issue on my EcoDiesel after installing the MC 2.5" lift but turned out to be riding too close to the bump stops...

I agree with @ML7 - if they torqued on thee lift the arm bushings might be binding up.

Reactions: ML7
OP
OP
dral

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. That sounds normal. I had a similar issue on my EcoDiesel after installing the MC 2.5" lift but turned out to be riding too close to the bump stops...

I agree with @ML7 - if they torqued on thee lift the arm bushings might be binding up.
Thanks, I just emailed Mopar parts to try to get the specs for the lift. This is a different kit because of the 4xe being heavier. Part # is 7707 2522
Sponsored