SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
@doooodo @den_jku

I live in Columbia, MO and lucky to have Steve Beockman @MinerSteve really close. Steve’s Dealership I’ve been talking to him the past couple of weeks on ordering a 4xe. He said that a lot of people from this forum come in from Chicago and Denver to buy from him.

Columbia, MO is 40 minutes away from him, and we used to have direct flights to Columbia before the Rona, but they haven’t started back up yet. However, you could get a $50 flight to St. Louis. From there it is a couple hours to his dealership, or I wonder if he could have the vehicle for you in St. Louis or KC to pickup from him. From Missouri, it is a long day’s drive back to CO.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Great analysis. Just remember that the 4xe will still cost more at the time of sale (higher price point and less of a discount at most dealers). The full tax credits will only be realized around April of the following year and only if your tax liability is $10,000+ for Colorado.
you could adjust your monthly withholding / quarterly estimate to take the credit into account, and thus realize it earlier in the year.

Rickss

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
you could adjust your monthly withholding / quarterly estimate to take the credit into account, and thus realize it earlier in the year.
Very true! I didn’t even think about that because I definitely don’t have the tax knowledge to accurately calculate that lol

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Good analysis of the price. I calculated a $3900 price difference for similarly equipped JLUR's before fed tax credit. Unfortunately, I was required to get the body colored top and fenders for $1500 ( I wanted black ). Still, 3900+1500-7500=2100, so, as of next year, I will have "saved" 2100 by choosing the 4xe. There is no applicable state tax reduction where I live.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Regret that they got it, or regret that they did not?
I believe he was talking about the proximity keyless system and not the all time 4 wheel drive. I regret I didn't get the proximity keyless system. The only vehicle I have to pull my keys out for. Sucks when you are carrying stuff or keys are hard to get to. As for the all wheel drive system, I believe he was reminding him he needed to pick that as an option with the on-line regular build to get a comparison price to the 4Xe.

OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Good analysis of the price. I calculated a $3900 price difference for similarly equipped JLUR's before fed tax credit. Unfortunately, I was required to get the body colored top and fenders for $1500 ( I wanted black ). Still, 3900+1500-7500=2100, so, as of next year, I will have "saved" 2100 by choosing the 4xe. There is no applicable state tax reduction where I live.
I was going to get everything other than the Full time 4WD system if it was a JLUR order, so didnt loose much. With the price adjustments in Jan for JLUR the savings could be higher with 4xe.

OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I believe he was talking about the proximity keyless system and not the all time 4 wheel drive. I regret I didn't get the proximity keyless system. The only vehicle I have to pull my keys out for. Sucks when you are carrying stuff or keys are hard to get to. As for the all wheel drive system, I believe he was reminding him he needed to pick that as an option with the on-line regular build to get a comparison price to the 4Xe.
Correct, no regrets just adjusted the price to take the Fulltime 4WD system

I did not think much about the Proximity keyless system.

OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
@doooodo @den_jku

I live in Columbia, MO and lucky to have Steve Beockman @MinerSteve really close. Steve’s Dealership I’ve been talking to him the past couple of weeks on ordering a 4xe. He said that a lot of people from this forum come in from Chicago and Denver to buy from him.

Columbia, MO is 40 minutes away from him, and we used to have direct flights to Columbia before the Rona, but they haven’t started back up yet. However, you could get a $50 flight to St. Louis. From there it is a couple hours to his dealership, or I wonder if he could have the vehicle for you in St. Louis or KC to pickup from him. From Missouri, it is a long day’s drive back to CO.
Thanks Steve for the referral, luckily we were able to find a local dealer offering 5% below invoice.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Thanks Steve for the referral, luckily we were able to find a local dealer offering 5% below invoice.
Den_jku,

Who did you go with local? I’m in the springs and not getting as much off at the two dealers here.
Thanks

Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Great analysis. Just remember that the 4xe will still cost more at the time of sale (higher price point and less of a discount at most dealers). The full tax credits will only be realized around April of the following year and only if your tax liability is $10,000+ for Colorado.
Unless you adjust your withholding. The vehicle still costs what it costs but you can essentially make your first year's payments with money you're not paying into taxes, in anticipation of that $7,500 credit.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, great info and just so I'm clear the 4xe comes standard with 8.4 screen and led lights?
Yes, so far, all 4xe include those. You can look at the Dec order guide, pgs 20-24, to see what comes as standard equipment on the Rubi and Saharas.

lhit303

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Great pricing breakdown. I’m in CO and ordered the rubicon 4xe as well.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Don't forget the $75 tag fee each year for the plates.... I got hit with that last year on my hybrid.
Sponsored