SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2018 Highlander
@doooodo @den_jku

I live in Columbia, MO and lucky to have Steve Beockman @MinerSteve really close. Steve’s Dealership I’ve been talking to him the past couple of weeks on ordering a 4xe. He said that a lot of people from this forum come in from Chicago and Denver to buy from him.

Columbia, MO is 40 minutes away from him, and we used to have direct flights to Columbia before the Rona, but they haven’t started back up yet. However, you could get a $50 flight to St. Louis. From there it is a couple hours to his dealership, or I wonder if he could have the vehicle for you in St. Louis or KC to pickup from him. From Missouri, it is a long day’s drive back to CO.

Advertisement

dalema

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Golf GTI
Great analysis. Just remember that the 4xe will still cost more at the time of sale (higher price point and less of a discount at most dealers). The full tax credits will only be realized around April of the following year and only if your tax liability is $10,000+ for Colorado.
you could adjust your monthly withholding / quarterly estimate to take the credit into account, and thus realize it earlier in the year.

Rickss

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU
you could adjust your monthly withholding / quarterly estimate to take the credit into account, and thus realize it earlier in the year.
Very true! I didn’t even think about that because I definitely don’t have the tax knowledge to accurately calculate that lol

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST; JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20
Good analysis of the price. I calculated a $3900 price difference for similarly equipped JLUR's before fed tax credit. Unfortunately, I was required to get the body colored top and fenders for $1500 ( I wanted black ). Still, 3900+1500-7500=2100, so, as of next year, I will have "saved" 2100 by choosing the 4xe. There is no applicable state tax reduction where I live.

Sboden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Silver Willy's JLU 4d Mopar 2" Fox lift, 37's
Regret that they got it, or regret that they did not?
I believe he was talking about the proximity keyless system and not the all time 4 wheel drive. I regret I didn't get the proximity keyless system. The only vehicle I have to pull my keys out for. Sucks when you are carrying stuff or keys are hard to get to. As for the all wheel drive system, I believe he was reminding him he needed to pick that as an option with the on-line regular build to get a comparison price to the 4Xe.

OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Good analysis of the price. I calculated a $3900 price difference for similarly equipped JLUR's before fed tax credit. Unfortunately, I was required to get the body colored top and fenders for $1500 ( I wanted black ). Still, 3900+1500-7500=2100, so, as of next year, I will have "saved" 2100 by choosing the 4xe. There is no applicable state tax reduction where I live.
I was going to get everything other than the Full time 4WD system if it was a JLUR order, so didnt loose much. With the price adjustments in Jan for JLUR the savings could be higher with 4xe.

OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
I believe he was talking about the proximity keyless system and not the all time 4 wheel drive. I regret I didn't get the proximity keyless system. The only vehicle I have to pull my keys out for. Sucks when you are carrying stuff or keys are hard to get to. As for the all wheel drive system, I believe he was reminding him he needed to pick that as an option with the on-line regular build to get a comparison price to the 4Xe.
Correct, no regrets just adjusted the price to take the Fulltime 4WD system

I did not think much about the Proximity keyless system.

OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
@doooodo @den_jku

I live in Columbia, MO and lucky to have Steve Beockman @MinerSteve really close. Steve’s Dealership I’ve been talking to him the past couple of weeks on ordering a 4xe. He said that a lot of people from this forum come in from Chicago and Denver to buy from him.

Columbia, MO is 40 minutes away from him, and we used to have direct flights to Columbia before the Rona, but they haven’t started back up yet. However, you could get a $50 flight to St. Louis. From there it is a couple hours to his dealership, or I wonder if he could have the vehicle for you in St. Louis or KC to pickup from him. From Missouri, it is a long day’s drive back to CO.
Thanks Steve for the referral, luckily we were able to find a local dealer offering 5% below invoice.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Thanks Steve for the referral, luckily we were able to find a local dealer offering 5% below invoice.
Den_jku,

Who did you go with local? I’m in the springs and not getting as much off at the two dealers here.
Thanks

Bren

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK 2-door Freedom Edition, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda Miata ND Club
Great analysis. Just remember that the 4xe will still cost more at the time of sale (higher price point and less of a discount at most dealers). The full tax credits will only be realized around April of the following year and only if your tax liability is $10,000+ for Colorado.
Unless you adjust your withholding. The vehicle still costs what it costs but you can essentially make your first year's payments with money you're not paying into taxes, in anticipation of that $7,500 credit.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon, please see my price comparison between the standard Rubicon and 4xe.

Summary: with the federal and state (Colorado) tax credits I am saving around $6,414* with the 4xe. For states without additional tax credits the savings will be around $3914.

*corrected to adjust for Fulltime 4WD and JLUR Price changes

1. Some options have a higher price for 4xe compared to standard JLUR
  2. I have used the latest order guide for JLUR pricing and the build sheet from my dealer for 4xe pricing
  3. Colorado has an additional $2,500 state tax credit for PHEVs, only few states offer this now
Please see full analysis below: file link can be used for adding your options and doing the analysis.

Thanks, great info and just so I'm clear the 4xe comes standard with 8.4 screen and led lights?

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST; JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20
Thanks, great info and just so I'm clear the 4xe comes standard with 8.4 screen and led lights?
Yes, so far, all 4xe include those. You can look at the Dec order guide, pgs 20-24, to see what comes as standard equipment on the Rubi and Saharas.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Yes, so far, all 4xe include those. You can look at the Dec order guide, pgs 20-24, to see what comes as standard equipment on the Rubi and Saharas.
Very good, makes it extremely attractive with the tax incentive depending on the discounts available.

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement