Sponsored

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
If I put it in E-Save, so that I can get "pure" gas mileage, these are my mileages"
2WD - +/- 17.5mpg
4WDa - +/- 14mpg

If I put it in Electric, the miles I get out of a full charge are:
2wd - 18m
4WDa - 12m

Do the same test and get back to me?
I drove to Chick-fil-A. The way there in 2H, the way back in 4HAuto. I used 7.1% of my battery on the way there and 7.0% on the way back as measured by my OBD tool which gives much more precise numbers than the dash. That’s well with in the margin of error for any imperfections of the drive. To me it seems like something is happening and your Jeep is actually engaging both front and rear wheels as if you were in 4H Part Time. I don’t think your 4HAuto is operating correctly.

I used my OBD scanner because the measuring via any of the tools on your dash is junk. Resetting your mpg meter doesn’t really reset it to 0. The battery percentages shown are tweaked to allow for some degradation and still read 100 and to have 0 actually be 15% remaining, hence the OBD reader. You can measure electric pretty good via OBD, or you can start at a gas station fill up, put it in e-save and then drive to another gas station to measure gas consumption. But anything from the dash display is junk. People have complex excel models trying to simulate it and they sort of get close but not quite.

Possibility 2 is that you are driving at high speeds off stop lights etc, and 4HAuto allows for faster acceleration and more power to be used in these scenarios. There is a torque/power limiter in 2WD that is removed in 4HAuto, So if you are driving very aggressively that could be another factor.
Sponsored

Last edited: