Sponsored

4xe Rubicon Off-Road In Electric Mode

eLECTRICON

Did you recalibrate? I have no problems and smooth shifting in 4L but I reprogramed my shift point for 35s. Your dealer can do it for you or you can by a programmer.
Sponsored

Red 4xE

First Name
Weimin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
Took my 4xe Rubicon to run Cedar Tree #13 in Oregon two weeks ago, and had some questions from it.

Put her in 4-Low electric only mode to start the day, and first thing I noticed was it shifted REALLY hard between 1st and 2nd. I'm running 35" tires, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Not sure if it's just the tires with the 4.10 rear gears and 4:1 low transfer case, but wasn't fun. But when I put it in e-save with the engine running, she shifted smooth as can be and ran great.

Also, when trying to run electric a while later, it finally threw a check engine light and forced me out of electric mode altogether, saying the hybrid system needed service. Ran the rest of the trail with the engine running no problem, and after a couple power cycles could run in electric mode again, and CEL went away after a day or two.

Just looking to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

I got same issue in the past weekend on my 2021 4xe Rubicon when I took it to Brown Camp OR for an easy blue off road trail. I have all OEM with stock 33" tire. When I put jeep in 4_low, my jeep turned gas engine on even I have over 75% charge. I switched to electric only mode, the gas engine stopped. ~ 5 min later, I got warning saying electric mode unavailable with check engine light on. Jeep put itself back on gas engine mode, I complete the short course without other issue. The check engine light went away after about 5 engine starts. I called the dealer and setup apt to let them check out. My jeep is about 2month old and has about 3500 miles. I think there is a design issue, hope someone has more info on this problem.

no.sleep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Billet Silver JLUR 4xe
I went to Windrock Park and did some green and blue trails there in May, and ran one of the blues in full-electric. Definitely got the hard shifts from 1 to 2 in 4L, but returned to normal when I ran out of charge and the engine kicked on.

I have an appointment set up to visit the dealer Oct 25th to get the RRTs completed, so I'm hoping one of those will fix the hard shifts.
Sponsored