4xe Rokblockz

ea187

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
I read somewhere that the 4xe Rubicon fenders are different than the normal JLU Rubicon fenders. Is this true? I’m looking at ordering a set of Rokblockz but want to make sure they will fit.
Sponsored

4x400m

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, Quadrasteer Silverado
I can't speak with confidence about any difference in fitment, but I recently installed a set of the RokBlokz flaps on our 4xe Rubicon. The front went on smoothly. I improvised a bit on the rear, to avoid leaving a big gap in the fender liner. I trimmed the piece of the fender liner that the instructions say to remove, so that it could be slipped on over the RokBlokz bracket. I could only get the outbourd screw back into the fender liner, but it is securely in place (with the bracket holding the inboard side).

Here are some pictures of the end result.

20210515_071418.jpg

20210515_071411.jpg

20210515_065620.jpg

20210515_071402.jpg

20210515_065550.jpg

OP
OP

ea187

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
I can't speak with confidence about any difference in fitment, but I recently installed a set of the RokBlokz flaps on our 4xe Rubicon. The front went on smoothly. I improvised a bit on the rear, to avoid leaving a big gap in the fender liner. I trimmed the piece of the fender liner that the instructions say to remove, so that it could be slipped on over the RokBlokz bracket. I could only get the outbourd screw back into the fender liner, but it is securely in place (with the bracket holding the inboard side).

Here are some pictures of the end result.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Rokblockz 20210515_065550

Are those the regular or the XL?

BADMAV302

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I read somewhere that the 4xe Rubicon fenders are different than the normal JLU Rubicon fenders. Is this true? I’m looking at ordering a set of Rokblockz but want to make sure they will fit.
Did you ever order and install these? My buddy ordered some road armor fenders and the drivers front holes aren't lining up.

Sponsored

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered and installed a set of regular size Rokblokz mud flaps on my Rubicon 4xe. Previously, I had replaced the stock Rubicon rock rails with a side step version therefore I did not get the cutouts on the flaps. You'll see that as an option when ordering online (cutout or no cutout).

The fronts were installed no problem.

For the rear, you either have to permanently remove part of the plastic inner lining at rear fender, or modify it. I chose to modify it by cutting an oblong slot which allowed the rear mud flap assembly to slide in. I was able to secure it as per instructions.

I like the mud flaps, they look good, are durable, and reduce spray and rocks flying up towards the body.

I've had them for ~9 months. One thing I did notice is that the thumb screws may back out a bit over time due to vibrations. If you check them by hand once a month should be fine. I've heard of other people losing a thumbscrew.

I avoided this problem by adding a stainless steel washer and 'Nyloc' nut on the back side. Need about a half dozen. They'll never vibrate loose and are still removable if needed.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
I have the regular versions with the cutouts for the rock rails. I only ordered the fronts to keep debris off of the sides of the jeep. They fit perfectly. My 4xe is completely stock. The front flaps do a good job keeping the direct gobs of mud off of the door handles.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Rokblockz IMG_1788sm

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Robicon
Mine went on fine. I did have the same problem @4x400m had but I think that problem should happen with any JL rubicon. The fenders should be exactly the same...