4xe real mpg, tank range?

AVVATX

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
How is the real mpg on your 4xe? Mine is showing me 25.5 mpg; 406 miles total. 228 on electric, 178 hybrid with still 98 range. Not bad right?
Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
But do you consider that "real mpg, tank range"?

ea187

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
That’s not real mileage. It calculates your electric miles into your MPG so technically you can get it up to 99 if you never use the engine.

Reactions: VNT

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I've been patiently waiting for my first refill so I can compare my trip computer to the pump. I suspect with most trips being short the ice MPG would be even lower considering the amount of cold starts than it would for longer drives.

I could probably get a guestimate with the ODB2 current fuel percentage.

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I've been patiently waiting for my first refill so I can compare my trip computer to the pump. I suspect with most trips being short the ice MPG would be even lower considering the amount of cold starts than it would for longer drives.

I could probably get a guestimate with the ODB2 current fuel percentage.
I have 900 miles on my 4xe and it still indicates 3/4 tank of gas left. It's a completely meaningless number and does not mean I am getting 225 mpg.

Sponsored

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Miles per dollar is what we should shift to with hybrid vehicles. The 4xe isn't a champion in either category, fuel or electric.

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
Miles per dollar is what we should shift to with hybrid vehicles. The 4xe isn't a champion in either category, fuel or electric.
It actually is great in electric mode, although it can't quite match my Rav4 Hybrid in terms of cost per mile. It costs about 2 bucks to fully charge the battery (although I get electricity from rooftop panels for zero dollars). I've gotten anywhere from 23 to 30 miles on this electricity when fully charged. Based on our local $3 per gallon gas cost, this equates to getting 35-45 mpg using gasoline to drive those same 23-30 miles. This number will look even more appealing as gas costs rise. Once I've used up all of the electric go-power, I get 24-28 mpg runnng about 85% gas use and 15% electric on regenerated electricity. This is all based on local driving 35-50 mph, and I realize those numbers may decrease at higher speeds, and electric mileage may decrease as I start to run the a/c more. Those numbers are still far better than any previous Jeep we've owned.

Rektek

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
First time putting in gas today after 770 miles. Computer shows 275 miles on gas icon vs 495 on battery. 13.28 gals of gas refilled to go 275 miles is 20.7 mpg.

4xe Rubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Same post on another forum but wanted to know if there was anyone else here having the same MPG experience with their 4xe?

For those still looking for some 4xe mileage, here is our first trip to Toledo Jeep Fest this weekend since getting it back from service last week for a bad battery coolant pump.

2021 4xe Rubicon on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers (speedometer recalibrated with a Tazer), 2 Adults, no additional gear or mods

Started the day at 100% battery, full tank of fuel (87 octane) and the display showing 22.6 MPG average. Vehicle in Hybrid Mode and Max Regen ON for the entire trip. Drove conservatively and mostly at the posted limits using standard cruise control (no ACC). I vary rarely took it out of cruise control and adjusted the speed with the +- so as not to invoke any Max Regen on the highway or interstate. There was very little traffic, 88F, 93% humidity and 8mph winds from the South. Flat Ohio roads.
85% of the driving was above 60mph with most of it right at 70mph and a top speed of 74mph. The vehicle traveled the first 3.5 miles on battery only until reaching 60+ mph on the highway when the engine kicked on and never stopped until getting to Toledo. The battery assisted for 52 miles in hybrid mode before reaching <1% showing us 19-25 current mpg (28-30mpg if we were behind a tractor trailer or camper). Current MPG dropped to around 15-16 mpg without the battery assisting when heading east and north and 12 -16mpg when heading south and west.

230.6 total miles (8 electric, 222.6 gas hybrid)
15.68 total gallons of fuel used
230.6 / 15.68 = 14.7 miles per gallon combined vs trip computer displaying 16mpg?
222.6 / 15.68 = 14.19 miles per gallon (hybrid engine only)

I expected a MPG hit when adding the 35s but was still hoping to get 300 miles on a full battery and single tank of fuel.
Anybody else having similar results or any input or recommendations for getting better results? Interested to know if anyone is running 35" or larger tires or other mods and if you have found different octane fuel to make any difference or any other variables I might be overlooking. Thanks

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
According to the app:
1514 total miles
1064 electric miles
450 hybrid miles
37mpg

Most of our commuting is on electric, we have only put gas in it once (aside from the dealer tank). This is Rubicon 4xe and my wife and I are both lead foot drivers. Our 18 JL Sport averaged 16.9mpg lifetime.

Sponsored

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
Thanks for the report 4XE Rubicon. I'm hoping someone has numbers to compare before/after going to 35" tires...

twisty7867

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xE Sahara, 2019 Alfa Stelvio
I've got a Sahara, just got it on 10/25 and have still not filled up. I've gotten about 1050 miles so far and still have just under a quarter tank left. I do charge it pretty religiously at my office (free) and wherever I go with free charging, and also at home when using it over the weekend.

My goal was to see if I could get to the end of the year without any gas. I have tried hard not to "cheat" in terms of not taking the Jeep just because it isn't fully charged, but alas I think I'll have to fill up this coming weekend. Still, 1100+ miles / 6 weeks on a single tank of gas isn't bad. My slightly-smaller Alfa would have needed 4 tanks to do the same. :/

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
I drive 450 miles per week. I charge once at home and once at work. charging at work costs me zip. This is my initial break down.

900 miles per tank, so I am filling up once every 2 weeks. For the month, premium fuel costs me $130 for 2 fill ups. Which is around 14.5 gallons of gas. costs me $3.00 a day to charge, and I charge 6 days a week. It costs me $164 every 2 weeks. I am also paying $20 less a month in Insurance.

In my JL sport i was filling up almost 5 times a month and I drove it a lot less than the 4xe. I was getting around 375 to 400 miles a tank, I would average around $100 a week in premium fuel.

So I am at 2700 miles right now, only filled up twice. (dealer filled it up the first time).

So I would say $75 a month savings initially, which isn't much, but I have much nicer jeep in a fully loaded Rubicon and paying almost the same a month on my lease as I did my JL sport.

The tank I am currently on right now, I am at 700 miles and I still have half a tank left, so I think I can probably get away with not filling it until late next week. I am starting to get 35 electric range on my commutes which is unreal, on my 85 mile commute, 70 miles is electric and 15 is ICE.

This is just my initial while using it as a commuter. Going to finally test it in the up coming weeks. I have a trip to San Diego and then spending a couple weeks in Tahoe. I am not expecting it to excel on the long range trips, but curious how it handles when I go wheelin.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I drive 450 miles per week. I charge once at home and once at work. charging at work costs me zip. This is my initial break down.

900 miles per tank, so I am filling up once every 2 weeks. For the month, premium fuel costs me $130 for 2 fill ups. Which is around 14.5 gallons of gas. costs me $3.00 a day to charge, and I charge 6 days a week. It costs me $164 every 2 weeks. I am also paying $20 less a month in Insurance.

In my JL sport i was filling up almost 5 times a month and I drove it a lot less than the 4xe. I was getting around 375 to 400 miles a tank, I would average around $100 a week in premium fuel.

So I am at 2700 miles right now, only filled up twice. (dealer filled it up the first time).

So I would say $75 a month savings initially, which isn't much, but I have much nicer jeep in a fully loaded Rubicon and paying almost the same a month on my lease as I did my JL sport.

The tank I am currently on right now, I am at 700 miles and I still have half a tank left, so I think I can probably get away with not filling it until late next week. I am starting to get 35 electric range on my commutes which is unreal, on my 85 mile commute, 70 miles is electric and 15 is ICE.

This is just my initial while using it as a commuter. Going to finally test it in the up coming weeks. I have a trip to San Diego and then spending a couple weeks in Tahoe. I am not expecting it to excel on the long range trips, but curious how it handles when I go wheelin.
if you wanna go wheeling in SD let me know. We have a 70/30 JL/JT mix in our ground