Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
There is a discussion in the Bronco6g forum about the 4xe production. A lot of haters! Lol! I have a Bronco reservation but I’m exhausted with all the half ass quality. A ton of folks complaining about the short range. I took the opportunity to educate!

I still have a Bronco reservation, but when I finally actually read up on the 4xe, she took my heart!

Here’s my post,... just the facts Ma’am... Lol!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/jeep-delivers-on-4xe-production-assy-vid.9964/post-360405
Thanks for the share Papa Jawa - I’m now a first time Bronco thread reader after you posted this. I definitely feel their frustration and angst at the Bronco delays and their confusion about the Jeep 4xe. Somebody shares a false assumption and it sparks a forest fire of misinformation and judgment. Thanks for clarifying over there. I’ll buy a 4xe when there are more options open for selection. But I’m also impatiently waiting for the announcement of the 392 4xe 💪🤫
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
There is a discussion in the Bronco6g forum about the 4xe production. A lot of haters! Lol! I have a Bronco reservation but I’m exhausted with all the half ass quality. A ton of folks complaining about the short range. I took the opportunity to educate!

I still have a Bronco reservation, but when I finally actually read up on the 4xe, she took my heart!

Here’s my post,... just the facts Ma’am... Lol!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/jeep-delivers-on-4xe-production-assy-vid.9964/post-360405
In response to your comments in the link about the 2L turbo...I have this engine now in my 2018 and I absolutly love it! Its already so impressively fast that I cant wait to feel the 375/470. My 2018 is one of the first JLs made and I havent had any issues with it at all other than the heater. I also tow a 3,000 teardrop trailer with it and I dont even feel it back there when taking off from a stop. It tows super easy.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
remember Ford just fired every contractor that worked for them last week including a large number involved in the Bronco design , development and engineering for the assembly plant, not a good thing with stupid cost cutting, the roll out will be a cluster just like the 20 Exploder

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
In response to your comments in the link about the 2L turbo...I have this engine now in my 2018 and I absolutly love it! Its already so impressively fast that I cant wait to feel the 375/470. My 2018 is one of the first JLs made and I havent had any issues with it at all other than the heater. I also tow a 3,000 teardrop trailer with it and I dont even feel it back there when taking off from a stop. It tows super easy.
My wife’s 2020 Rubi is running the same engine! Love that thing! Didn’t want to seem to biased but... the 2.0 etorque is the deal maker for me on the 4xe. I’m like... worst case scenario I have a my little 2.0! Can’t lose!

I want to see a Gladiator 4xe with the 3.6 etorque!!!

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
My wife’s 2020 Rubi is running the same engine! Love that thing! Didn’t want to seem to biased but... the 2.0 etorque is the deal maker for me on the 4xe. I’m like... worst case scenario I have a my little 2.0! Can’t lose!

I want to see a Gladiator 4xe with the 3.6 etorque!!!
Absolutly! When I saw the engine I already think is fast got a major upgrade, I literally called my dealer and placed my order as soon as they opened the next morning!!

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Pricing will be great to see. People are already disappointed with the quality at $45k and I can’t wait to see how people react when their $80k built out 392 starts bubbling or is missing paint!
The bubbling, missing paint, is from flooring the 392, it burned off!

Last edited:

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I guess they’re pretty bored on the bronco forum? They have basically the same thread as this one, but it’s FIVE pages long already! Poor guys!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Now is not the time for Jeep to introduce two new models with a price no one can afford in the current economy and considering how many people are unemployed/underemployed due to the pandemic. I would bet its going to come in on the lower end of speculation. Also, take the new C8 Corvette for example, it was launched at a ridiculously low price to get them out on the road and being seen by potential customers. We are their greatest marketing tool. I would think Jeeps strategy would be to get the first year model of the 4xe and the 392 out on the roads at an affordable price (low or no profit margin for Jeep) for everyone to drool over, then gradually bump up the price in later years.
I agree with all of this Robyn and wish to add that the price reduction is additionally indicated, particularly on the 4xe, IMHO, because you are asking buyers to take risks associated with a first model year of new (electric) technology on the Wrangler.

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe

Sponsored

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
Who the F would pay $70k for this? 25 miles of electric range? LoL
I have driven a short range EV since 2016. it’s rated at 68 miles but the real world range is about 60. That doesn’t seem like much but all I have to do is plug in at night and I have the same amount of range every day. The short range of a PHEV can be hard to get our head around but that range is new every day. All you have to do is take 8 seconds to plug it in at night and another 8 seconds to unplug in the morning.

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
I would be leery of buying one until they been out a few years. My 2018 JL has been nothing but trouble. Controls, relays, stop/start battery, radio. It has been at the dealer 4 times for repairs because of electrical issues. It has 33000 miles and I just picked it up from the dealer last week from being repaired. This week it is another issue. I will take it in for that on Thursday. This is my 4th Wrangler and all the JK's were pretty trouble free. I think it is time to trade it off.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I would be leery of buying one until they been out a few years. My 2018 JL has been nothing but trouble. Controls, relays, stop/start battery, radio. It has been at the dealer 4 times for repairs because of electrical issues. It has 33000 miles and I just picked it up from the dealer last week from being repaired. This week it is another issue. I will take it in for that on Thursday. This is my 4th Wrangler and all the JK's were pretty trouble free. I think it is time to trade it off.
I guess I've been lucky. I haven't had any issues with my 2018 JL Sahara. Mine has only 17k miles though. My only complaint is the heat gets too hot, but the service guy said its working as its intended to work.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I want a Jeep to take into the woods and get lost. I worry about the complexity. I wonder if the 2.0 will run if the EV does't or vice versa. Is there a switchover if one dies? That would be important to understand for those of us looking to get lost on their Jeep.

Either way the power and torque is enticing. I moved from a 2.0 to Diesel and now I'm in a holding pattern. Still not sure I'd jump the gun on this year 1, but I may take my JK for a few month miles this year to see how things pan out
Sponsored