GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Interesting, My lift is at 2.5 and it is a little tight at full droop with the bracket off but so far so good...Teraflex must think Ian extension is only needed for 3 inch plus lift so I'm going to bet on thatđź‘Ť
IIRC it gets tight right around 30” extended shock length with the bracket off (full jack stand droop). I haven’t had any issues off road, but it’s cheap insurance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You guys are sharp eyed! We just released this kit not even a week ago.

It looks like we have all the parts to build the kits on hand, and the kits just need to be assembled. I would put my best guess for ETA about 1-2 weeks out.
Hey @TeraFlex these sure came in handy on the rocks this weekend. Parking brake was effective on crazy inclines off camber.

One note for the tech team, looks like I’ve already lost both C-clips. Doesn’t appear to impact performance.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Pretty quick for a backorder.

5 minute install, 1/2” or 13mm socket and wrench and a pair of channel locks to yank on the parking brake tab.

FYI, the same 13mm wrench works to depress the tabs on the stock fitting holding the line to the axle, makes quick work of it.

Hooking the hook to the tab, then stretching the axle mount in place seemed to be the easiest way to get it back together.

07EDA643-0C90-4275-B1F6-EEB100E17233.jpeg

5C108A53-D155-4F7C-9672-331D47DFBAAD.jpeg
I just got done installing this and took pictures to document what went good and what went bad.

It is straight forward, but here are a few tips.
1) Use a 1/2" closed end wrench on the parking brake cable to collapse the fingers and remove it from the axle bracket. You actually need a 1/2" socket/wrench to install the extension on the hub ends so easy to carry it over.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Parking/Emergency Brake Extension for Lift/Droop 1664575587215

2) Be careful pushing your parking brake cable into the outer sheath. I ended up dislodging it on the other end requiring me to pull the center console up to access it.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Parking/Emergency Brake Extension for Lift/Droop 1664575355448

Follow this video for a quick way to access this area without pulling the entire console. You still need small hands and will have to work it all by hand without being able to see what you are doing.

3) The C-clips are a pain to get pushed into place. No advice here, just work it until it gets into place.

Finally it all works out.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Parking/Emergency Brake Extension for Lift/Droop 1664575643608
Sponsored