Sponsored

4Xe owners: please post you actual real world fuel mileage MPG

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Depends how anal you are about using the full electric mode. If you have a lot of discipline and can do the efforts to run on e-mode only, you can do miracles with that technology.

My brother who was the type to use cruise control at 55 mph on the highway to avoid spending too much gas and also avoid having to pass people , is still on the same tank of gas his Jeep was delivered in, in may 2021!!!!
As soon as he gets home, he puts the charger on, his work commute is 15 miles each way and he can charge it at work. So the engine comes on once in a while to make the oil circulate and thats it.
Geez Iā€™m surprised the ICE hasnā€™t gone into FORM to go through that tank. I thought it had a 90 day timer on gas.
Sponsored

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
63.7mpg. 70% is short trips on electric only but I dip into the gas on the weekends.

D3plor@ble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler 4xe
Can you 4Xe owners please post you actual fuel mileage. I'm just curious what real word mileage looks like.
I have a ā€˜21 Rubicon 4xe. I average about 24-25 I live in middle TN where we have cold winters and hot and humid summers. There is really only about 1-2 months where I donā€™t have to run the A/C but for the other months Iā€™m either using the heat or the A/C a lot Or the system is running the controls to manage the battery temp.

A couple people I work with have the Sahara 4xe and are getting about 35-40 mpg.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Quick question: Anyone have a rough real world estimation w/ 37" tires? Starting to look at the math on a 4xe Rubi. I'm currently running 37's and that would be the same goal w/ a new one. Thanks!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Quick question: Anyone have a rough real world estimation w/ 37" tires? Starting to look at the math on a 4xe Rubi. I'm currently running 37's and that would be the same goal w/ a new one. Thanks!
Depends heavily on driving usage and amount of charging you can/will do.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Depends heavily on driving usage and amount of charging you can/will do.
Potential 40 mi highway commute 3-5 days a week, charging every night at home.
Roughly 500+ mi round trip road trips from Upstate NY to other areas (Boston MA, VA, MD, or PA) for vacation, to see friends/ family, and to go wheeling at the off road parks (respectively). So, more Highway driving for those, in addition to running errands around town and the usual stuff.

Basically trying to forecast a bit into the future, if we decide to move to a different area within our area, or work situations change, etc. I know with my current JLUR (v6, 6spd, 37's) stuff like that is going to almost double my fuel cost. Trying to see if I can do the same thing with a 4xe without doubling my fuel bill.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
You'll find that the "real world mpg" on a 4xe is going to be all over the place depending on how you'll be using it. Check out Fuelly.com and look at what people are getting.

edit: keep in mind that charging ain't free!
This. Plus if somebody drives almost all short in town runs theyā€™re running on E juice most of the time. If they are actually driving any distance theyā€™re on gas. The only way youā€™ll get great mileage is if youā€™re on the battery most of the time (youā€™ll still be paying for electricity, just not gasoline. Thereā€™s no free lunch here.
Sponsored