4xE Order Status??

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
Not sure you'll need extended if powertrain is your concern.....4XE comes with this warranty for those parts....

Hope delivery today was great!
Notable upgrade, Delivery was great, lots more bugs on the 3 hour drive than I was ready for. skipped the warranty, but am happy with it. thanks for the input.
Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Starting to get a little frustrated.

Ordered on Feb 10th

Was told it would be delivered in early May. Knew that was a long shot.

4-12 was told that on May 5th it would be in the Utah holding yard. Keep in mind this is still two weeks away from its destination in Idaho.

4-25 told it would be in Utah on May 15th

5-3 told it would be in Utah on May 25th.

5-15 told it would be in Utah on June 12th.

Times are getting longer

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Picking mine up Saturday

Out of curiosity, anyone get an extended warranty... I wouldn't normally consider one, but with a relatively new hybrid powertrain I was curious if anyone saw merit in it.
He does them at cost (I think) and goes for volume bonus.

7 years was like 800 bucks so I will likely somit at that price.
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
FAX-269.488.2086

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
Starting to get a little frustrated.

Ordered on Feb 10th

Was told it would be delivered in early May. Knew that was a long shot.

4-12 was told that on May 5th it would be in the Utah holding yard. Keep in mind this is still two weeks away from its destination in Idaho.

4-25 told it would be in Utah on May 15th

5-3 told it would be in Utah on May 25th.

5-15 told it would be in Utah on June 12th.

Times are getting longer
Oh jeeze, talk about a serious delay. I got an update yesterday that mine is now en route to Utah and due there May 27th, estimating to Boise 2 weeks later. Was there a reason for such a delay getting to Utah? Seems odd that mine just shipped and has an earlier ETA.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Oh jeeze, talk about a serious delay. I got an update yesterday that mine is now en route to Utah and due there May 27th, estimating to Boise 2 weeks later. Was there a reason for such a delay getting to Utah? Seems odd that mine just shipped and has an earlier ETA.
I am not sure. Supposedly mine was shipped in mid April. Jeep chat is completely worthless unless you want to get cut and paste answers. All they can and have been saying is that it is shipped and don't have an ETA to dealer.

The dealer just keeps updating the ETA but not much else. I know I am frustrated and getting ready to cancel my forth or fifth plane reservation but something does not feel right about all this. If I had to guess it has not shipped.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
TL;DR: 25 weeks order to delivery. Many delays, but glad to have it.

I want to finish off my delivery related posts in this thread. I picked up my Rubi on Thursday evening. @PaulwithJeep kept to our early (Dec) agreed upon price: Invoice -1%. Demand is very high, and supply quite low, locally, for the 4xe. Most other dealerships won't budge from MSRP...if they even have them to sell.

He also made me high, $15k, offer on my Focus ST which saves me an additional $1500 on sales tax. For reference, Vroom offered $9.3k, and Carvana offered $13.6k. Thanks Paul; good doing business you.

After resolving some credit union paperwork issues, I drove it home along back roads keeping my speed down for all but the last 5miles which were on interstate. That 5 mile stretch started to burn off something, because as soon as I slowed down, my Jeep reeked! A stinky Jeep was not a good introduction to my lovely, skeptical partner but, after she drove us around the neighborhood for a quick joy ride on a beautiful evening with the Freedom tops off, all nasty smells were forgiven.

My Rubi was delivered to me with 58 miles, which seems excessive. Supposedly, the early built 4xe's had high mileage like that due to "quality validation", shuffling around the Toledo storage lots, & rail transportation hubs. What are you other PNW folks seeing for delivery mileage? I'll look at those miles as addition assurance against early failures & not worry.

The initial mileage indicated by the Jeep was 12.2MPG for the 58 miles in "delivery mode". My 57 mile drive home after purchase netted an indicated 17.6MPG, but I was frequently accelerating, varying my speed, & using esave to hasten engine break-in. I will hold off further mileage observations until after I've run more than 300 engine powered miles.

My first full, 110V, battery charge took about 12 hours from <1%. Interestingly, my initial charger insertion resulted in an error condition. I removed & reinserted the Jeep side plug and no problems since.

The hybrid system is very well integrated with the engine. Part of the credit should go to the wonderful transmission, but I'm extremely happy with the smoothness & ease of power transitions. The 4xe is certainly smoother than the 2.0L Sport model Wrangler I rented a few months ago. I recall significant turbo lag in that rental which seems much reduced with this powertrain. Kudos to the FCA engineers who optimized this system.

So far, I've only pulled one, brief, 3/4 throttle acceleration while merging on the interstate. I'm suitably impressed with the combination of motor & engine. Once this is fully broken in, it's going to be plenty quick! I don't think regearing will be needed when going to reasonable weight 37's.

A couple more random observations: all my fuses & relays were fully seated and there is a small chalk mark on the fuse box lid. Perhaps they were checked at the factory?

All tires were inflated to 43psi as delivered.

Highway steering has a bit more wander than I'd like. Hopefully, lowering pressure to 35 will reduce that.

Longer drives are OK, but I'm going to miss my previous car's Recaro seats.

A short drive along a wet, gravel road showed me how much muck the tires throw against the body. I see removeable mud flaps in my future, and further justification for some PPF - especially with wider tires & wheels.

In order to ease ingress for my shorter passengers, I will need to prioritize installation of rock rails/steps over a suspension lift & 37's.

Overall, I'm really glad to finally take delivery. It was a long 6 month + 1 week wait, but so far seems worth it.

20210513_201011.jpg

20210515_161816.jpg

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
... Jeep chat is completely worthless unless you want to get cut and paste answers. All they can and have been saying is that it is shipped and don't have an ETA to dealer.

The dealer just keeps updating the ETA but not much else. ...
I had a very similar experience with delivery dates. It kept getting delayed without a legitimate cause or explanation. Eventually, though, mine arrived albeit later than the last estimated date. It really seems like the delays are out of Jeep's or the dealership's control. All they can do is report the ever slipping estimated arrival dates. It's very frustrating.

lj1469ky

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Jeep arrived, two weeks from order to delivery! Sorry for those that took longer, I have been in that boat as well.
and no issue with the higher sticker, kept price as agreed

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? 20210515_161816
Mine only took two weeks from order date to delivery as well.

Ordered April 21, delivered May 5. The VIN sticker in the door also says it was 'built' on April 21. No issues with the higher price as well. The dealership and I were both shocked at how fast it came in.

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Ordered a Sahara 4xe on 5/10. Dealer said 3-4 months for delivery due to chip shortage. Trying to remain optimistic it will be here before then, but who knows. Theres a news story about a potential strike at the Toledo plant.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The initial mileage indicated by the Jeep was 12.2MPG for the 58 miles in "delivery mode". My 57 mile drive home after purchase netted an indicated 17.6MPG, but I was frequently accelerating, varying my speed, & using esave to hasten engine break-in. I will hold off further mileage observations until after I've run more than 300 engine powered miles.
I ordered 12/30 and was delivered on 4/14. I literally got it off the truck. It had 64 miles on it when delivered, so the factory did some driving.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Finally, picked up my 4xe last Friday 5/7. So far so good except I am annoyed that my USB 2 does not recognize media. In another post it was determined by jeepcares that the latest update made the USB 2 charge only...
The port that is inside the center console (between the seats)
I certainly hope that is not the case!

Hi there--

There seems to be some confusion, so I wanted to clear this up for you. Apple requested that Apple CarPlay capabilities were removed from the second row USB ports (3). Our teams took this into consideration and made a design modification to the vehicle that essentially re-routed the armrest USB port (2) directly to the I/P media hub. This results in the armrest USB to support Apple CarPlay/Android Auto features again. This modification was made midway 2020. Therefore, some 2020 models will support Apple CarPlay from the armrest USB (2), while other models may not. Future Apple software updates should not have a negative impact on this. I hope this provides some clarification!

If you have any questions, feel free to send us a PM.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

CBR2200

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Am I really getting a level 2 charging cord or do all the build sheets say this?

Screenshot_20210517-205937.png

ATwig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Am I really getting a level 2 charging cord or do all the build sheets say this?

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? Screenshot_20210517-205937
It's a Level 1 charger (115v) but the cable from the inverter to the J1772 plug is the same thickness as those you'll find at public Level 2 chargers so that might be where that is coming from.

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
Mine just entered framing today after 28 days in D1 status. Hopefully there are no more delays.

Ordered 4/16
Vin 4/18
D1 4/20
E (framing) 5/18