Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
So the Fed tax credit is 7500? I will have to look at the state credits too. I really want the Hemi but I like the E Jeep too.

Looks like Colorado has a $2500 rebate in 2021 and Federal for FCA will be $7500. Not bad. It will take the 10k. Might make up the difference.
Yes, for CO it is a pretty good deal.
Sponsored

Luiscasta25

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
So the Fed tax credit is 7500? I will have to look at the state credits too. I really want the Hemi but I like the E Jeep too.

Looks like Colorado has a $2500 rebate in 2021 and Federal for FCA will be $7500. Not bad. It will take the 10k. Might make up the difference.
If you are lucky and they release it on 2020 you get 4,000.

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 sting gray
these are “blind orders” with no pricing yet. If the dealer decides to charge a deposit (which they really shouldn’t as the one you ordered will sell, with probably a “market adjustment” see pure dealer profit...) Also it should be 100% refundable as you haven’t been given a price! If this is not the case, find another dealer... orders ours last weekend!

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Has there been anything published on curb weight, payload or towing capability with the 4xe?
Or is that all irrelevant 'cause hybrid?

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Sowelu

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
They need to get MPG that’s why.
If it's due to MPG, why does the 4xe Rubicon get to retain the smaller wheels and meaty tires? I hate those 20" wheels, they look like black spokes, and shouldn't be on a Jeep (IMHO). Those huge rims and thinned out rubber just kind of kills it for me.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
If it's due to MPG, why does the 4xe Rubicon get to retain the smaller wheels and meaty tires? I hate those 20" wheels, they look like black spokes, and shouldn't be on a Jeep (IMHO). Those huge rims and thinned out rubber just kind of kills it for me.
You can whine all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the Jeep is a lifestyle vehicle for many people, not something they actually use. They want to look Jeepy at Starbucks and at the mall. That's what the Sahara is for. It's still capable off road, but to a lesser extent, because Jeep knows the driver simply doesn't give two hoots.

Sowelu

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
You can whine all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the Jeep is a lifestyle vehicle for many people, not something they actually use. They want to look Jeepy at Starbucks and at the mall. That's what the Sahara is for. It's still capable off road, but to a lesser extent, because Jeep knows the driver simply doesn't give two hoots.
I hear that, and of course FCA needs to cater to all. I also have zero desire to go off roading (but wouldn't be opposed to a little light off-road fun if a spur of the moment opportunity came up while out in nature). Then again, the potholes we have in NYC would be considered off-roading to some. 😁

Having said that, I don't want a Jeep just to look Jeepy while at Starbucks (and I don't go to malls). I just want a boxy, all-weather capable 4x4 SUV (with open top options) and have always liked the iconic Jeep design (since I was a kid). The Wrangler is very unique so it will appeal to different types of people for different reasons.

So for me, it's very much about the Jeep look and feel, and I don't want 20" rims and thin rubber on an otherwise awesome looking Wrangler. And FCA is smart to cover all possible demographics, but I don't know why there was this need to cut the Altitude trim from the 4xe line, and to use the High Altitude rims for all non-Rubicon trims.

And if the justification for FCA to go with these wheels on the 4xe Saharas is due to MPGs, the question I asked was, if the Rubicon gets to retain it's wheels/tires from the non-4xe models, then I am not sure if this is about MPGs.

If they want to keep 4xe trim options to a limited number (which is understandable), the Sahara and Sport should have gotten the 18" Altitude wheels/tires, and the High Altitude should be the only Sahara 4xe trim with the 20" wheels/tires.

Last edited:

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I hear that, and of course FCA needs to cater to all. I also have zero desire to go off roading (but wouldn't be opposed to a little light off-road fun if a spur of the moment opportunity came up while out in nature). Then again, the potholes we have in NYC would be considered off-roading to some. 😁

Having said that, I don't want a Jeep just to look Jeepy while at Starbucks (and I don't go to malls). I just want a boxy, all-weather capable 4x4 SUV (with open top options) and have always liked the iconic Jeep design (since I was a kid). The Wrangler is very unique so it will appeal to different types of people for different reasons.

So for me, it's very much about the Jeep look and feel, and I don't want 20" rims and thin rubber on an otherwise awesome looking Wrangler. And FCA is smart to cover all possible demographics, but I don't know why there was this need to cut the Altitude trim from the 4xe line, and to use the High Altitude rims for all non-Rubicon trims.

And if the justification for FCA to go with these wheels on the 4xe Saharas is due to MPGs, the question I asked was, if the Rubicon gets to retain it's wheels/tires from the non-4xe models, then I am not sure if this is about MPGs.

If they want to keep 4xe trim options to a limited number (which is understandable), the Sahara and Sport should have gotten the 18" Altitude wheels/tires, and the High Altitude should be the only Sahara 4xe trim with the 20" wheels/tires.
maybe they did it so Rubicons will sell more. I know I immediately wrote off the Sahara trim when I saw the ugly wheels lol. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way.

Last edited:

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I don't think there are even any photos out yet the Sahara 4xe wheels and tires are there? I stopped searching couple weeks ago with no success. I would love to see what everyone is complaining about. So you must be seeing these 20" 4xe wheels and tires somewhere right? Can you attach a pic? I'm dying to see!

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Littlej2455

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Does anyone know if there are changes on the January order guide? I am really wanting a Sarge Green Rubicon 4XE, and of course, that has been the one color omitted so far. Thanks!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I know there was some pricing on these but any order guides showing MSRP and invoice? on the 4XE trims.

Guess we get to see the reveal of the WL75 Grands this Thursday.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Does anyone know if there are changes on the January order guide? I am really wanting a Sarge Green Rubicon 4XE, and of course, that has been the one color omitted so far. Thanks!
Sarge Green is available to order now, not updated on the order guide yet. See link below for someone who ordered it.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Sarge was an option when I put my order in.
Sponsored