4xe on order, suspension question

mgiglio

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Hello everyone. New forum member here and I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon. I had the pleasure of driving a 392 Rubicon today and was impressed with the ride quality. I was curious if the 4xe Rubicon had the same suspension setup and sadly it does not. After doing some google searches I think the 392 comes with the 2"mopar lift kit and fox shocks. Is there anyway to get the same shocks without the lift? I have came across the FOX 2.0 but am uncertain if that is the same shock. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I don’t think you can get the 2.5s outside of the Mopar lift. Here’s the part numbers if you’d like to try.
You may be able to find 392 Takeoffs easier.

F64B8AE6-59A8-4D38-81DD-DB3361327C18.jpeg

OP
OP
mgiglio

mgiglio

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
I don’t think you can get the 2.5s outside of the Mopar lift. Here’s the part numbers if you’d like to try.
You may be able to find 392 Takeoffs easier.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe on order, suspension question F64B8AE6-59A8-4D38-81DD-DB3361327C18
Ok interesting. Yea take offs may be best. Wonder if they can be used without the lift and if they're interchangeable on the 4xe. I know the weight is different.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Ok interesting. Yea take offs may be best. Wonder if they can be used without the lift and if they're interchangeable on the 4xe. I know the weight is different.
Your 4xe will be an inch higher than a standard. I think the spring rate is more impactful than the shock valving in this case.

Compressed length on the mopar lift front is 17.5, so you’d need some bump extension for those. I don’t think the 392s have bump extension stock, so those should be ok.

OP
OP
mgiglio

mgiglio

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Your 4xe will be an inch higher than a standard. I think the spring rate is more impactful than the shock valving in this case.

Compressed length on the mopar lift front is 17.5, so you’d need some bump extension for those. I don’t think the 392s have bump extension stock, so those should be ok.
The lift doesn't look too crazy, maybe I'll just buy the whole kit. Is there an updated one out now for the 4xE. I've heard it was recalled.

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Hello everyone. New forum member here and I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon. I had the pleasure of driving a 392 Rubicon today and was impressed with the ride quality. I was curious if the 4xe Rubicon had the same suspension setup and sadly it does not. After doing some google searches I think the 392 comes with the 2"mopar lift kit and fox shocks. Is there anyway to get the same shocks without the lift? I have came across the FOX 2.0 but am uncertain if that is the same shock. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Wait until you get your rubi

I really like the oem valving of the stock rubi 4xe. Unless of course you’ve driven it and didn’t like it.

Feels great on and off-road. I thought they were better than the bilstein 5100’s on my previous vehicle, and 5100’s > fox 2.0 in my limited experience.

I’m not taking into account overheating, just comfort and large bump handling.

I personally would not upgrade them unless you’re going to go with medium/high end stuff, fox 2.5 with remote reservoirs or better.

I also wouldn’t use the 392 stuff. 4xe has perfect 50/50 weight distribution. 392 is front heavy. Rubi 4xe probably has like 300lbs more over the rear axle and like 100lbs less over the front axle.

If you were going to do a front winch that might work as that would add like 125lbs to the front axle and probably take off 50lbs on the rear.

Last edited:

ChadP

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Unlimited 4xe Rubicon
I really liked the way the stock 4xe suspension rode. It rode better than my EVO / king lift. Or, I should say smoother.
Sponsored