JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
What is everybody doing regarding their oil changes? I don't think there is a way for us to tell how many ICE vs. electric miles we have. (Somebody who borrowed my Jeep reset the trip meter, sigh.)

Do we estimate ICE mileage and go from there? What about those of us who drive mostly electric miles? Once a year?
Sponsored

Phantasos

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Occupation
Software
I took mine in for the first change after 3500 ICE miles. It had been six months and the recall notice made it a convenient time.

The oil life indicator in the vehicle info display seems to update based on the number of miles driven with the engine running. I haven't checked it recently, but I think the percentage correlated 10,000 ICE miles to 100% oil life.

Probably an annual change for remaining Jeep Wave services, with some life left on the oil. After that, I will look into the time frame recommendations for the synthetic oil.

I seem to remember someone posting that the trip meters could roll-over or self reset after some number of miles, but I can't find where I saw that.

I do wish there was a Total display in addition to the Trip A and Trip B.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I’d go based primarily off of the oil life meter. I think @Phantasos is right about the oil life meter reading gas driven miles only. Although i would change the oil once a year at the minimum even if I didn’t get the oil life meter down to the “service needed” range.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
I’m doing my first oil change at ~80% on oil indicator. The Uconnect app shows hybrid miles driven so 80% should get me to 500-600 miles ICE miles.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I took mine in for the first change after 3500 ICE miles. It had been six months and the recall notice made it a convenient time.

The oil life indicator in the vehicle info display seems to update based on the number of miles driven with the engine running. I haven't checked it recently, but I think the percentage correlated 10,000 ICE miles to 100% oil life.

Probably an annual change for remaining Jeep Wave services, with some life left on the oil. After that, I will look into the time frame recommendations for the synthetic oil.

I seem to remember someone posting that the trip meters could roll-over or self reset after some number of miles, but I can't find where I saw that.

For some unknown reason, it will reset to zero at the 100 hour mark.

Definitely agree with your last statement.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

Time takes over if you don't do much ice driving. I did a couple thousand miles on one trip, mostly gas and the OLM hardly budged.

My 4xe is 6 months old, has 5661 miles and is at 50% oil life. Other than the long road trip, 7% of my driving has been on hybrid mode.
Sponsored