Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that info. I suspect I may run into similar problems with the ROAM sliders. If it turns out to be the case I'll just use the body mounts instead of the frame mounts.
when will you be putting on the roam sliders? I ran them on 2 of my JLURs and was planning to order a new set for this one. but I am worried they won't fit if the fram is different as far as holes etc.
Sponsored

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Just ordered up a Warn Evo winch and winch plate for the 4xE. Hoping everything fits normal there. Haven't seen or heard anyone that has mounted a winch on the factory steel bumper yet, so hoping there is no difference. Unfortunately parts are hard to come by so the winch plate wont ship until 05/03.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
when will you be putting on the roam sliders? I ran them on 2 of my JLURs and was planning to order a new set for this one. but I am worried they won't fit if the fram is different as far as holes etc.
As soon as my 4xe arrives. I ordered back in November so by standard Jeep procedures I'll be one of the last ones to receive it. The sliders are sitting in my garage.

Sarpeth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
So I have my Nacho 4xe Rubicon on order. It'll be here soon enough and I'm planning some mods. I want to go with a Teraflex lift/Falcon shocks and a Teraflex tailgate reinforcement (I know that's supposed to be coming.) I have a 2-door manual JK I'm going to move some parts over from, including the front bumper/winch/driving lights, the wheels and tires, and putting the 4xe's wheels, tires and front bumper on the JK before I sell it. I'll be checking with the manufacturers to make sure the parts are compatible (they should be.)

I'm wondering what problems I'm going to have, similar to how some of the lift/spring kits didn't work on the diesel initially. I'm also wondering how I'm going to keep the weight down as I go -- she's a heavy girl.

Sarpeth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
So I have my Nacho 4xe Rubicon on order. It'll be here soon enough and I'm planning some mods. I want to go with a Teraflex lift/Falcon shocks and a Teraflex tailgate reinforcement (I know that's supposed to be coming.) I have a 2-door manual JK I'm going to move some parts over from, including the front bumper/winch/driving lights, the wheels and tires, and putting the 4xe's wheels, tires and front bumper on the JK before I sell it. I'll be checking with the manufacturers to make sure the parts are compatible (they should be.)

I'm wondering what problems I'm going to have, similar to how some of the lift/spring kits didn't work on the diesel initially. I'm also wondering how I'm going to keep the weight down as I go -- she's a heavy girl.
Just got my 4xe lifted at the dealership. Went to Peter Mill Run in Va. and bowed out my front spring. Jeep is working on a fix. But they told me the lifts have been halted for this reason until Mopar finds a solution.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I'm wondering if my Lange coyote mirrors will work given how much the charging plug protrudes. It's too close to call from the photos and videos I've seen.
The base doesn't fit if you put it on as suggested. It will fit (on the outside) if you switch the side the bases are supposed to go on. I just have to see (this weekend) if you can install the bases on opposite sides. I'm not sure how the lip on the base, which goes under the body part, will work doing this.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
Mopar part for the rear cargo mats do not work. I think I saw it posted but the deal thought it would and tried to install it today however they do not fit.
Molded Cargo Tray Cargo:
82215185AD

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I'm wondering if my Diabolical Slipsteam will work due to the change to the rear seats. It seems like it should, but I'm worried there will be some random change to the shape of something that will make it incompatible without an updated piece from Diabolical. And then I worry it will be quite a while before they would be able to offer such a piece.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

I just installed my Slipstream in my 4xe easy to mod here is the DIY thread Slipstream Mod for 4xe

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? finish 1 - Copy

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
The base doesn't fit if you put it on as suggested. It will fit (on the outside) if you switch the side the bases are supposed to go on. I just have to see (this weekend) if you can install the bases on opposite sides. I'm not sure how the lip on the base, which goes under the body part, will work doing this.
Appreciate the update! I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Appreciate the update! I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
It is a no go..... The lip on the back of the base is too thin for the trim piece they use for the 4Xe. It would have fit otherwise......

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Your plan to swap JK bumpers to the JL is good if you're going to weld them on. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure they won't bolt on. Good luck, though.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I actually reached out to Gobi the other day regarding this. They did say that they'll have a 4xe specific rack available sometime later this year, but didn't give me any specifics. I also inquired with LOD regarding their sliding rack and got no response...
Correct me if I'm wrong but basically we're looking at either vendor just redesigning the cowl mount on the driver's side so the plug in charging port there can still be accessed.

I do admit to not knowing how the door/cover to the port works.

And of course that's because Stellantis couldn't put the port elsewhere, because of course, nobody has a Wrangler with a cowl attached roof rack, right?;)

Did it never cross Stellantis' mind, did they just not care?

Edit: not impossible to overcome charging door:

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Correct me if I'm wrong but basically we're looking at either vendor just redesigning the cowl mount on the driver's side so the plug in charging port there can still be accessed.

I do admit to not knowing how the door/cover to the port works.

And of course that's because Stellantis couldn't put the port elsewhere, because of course, nobody has a Wrangler with a cowl attached roof rack, right?;)

Did it never cross Stellantis' mind, did they just not care?

Edit: not impossible to overcome charging door:
Yeah, just needs to be designed around that charger door on the cowling, and attach without interfering.

My sense of symmetry wishes they just would have put the charging port on the passenger side mirroring the gas cap on the driver side. Would have put it closer to the battery too.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Yeah, just needs to be designed around that charger door on the cowling, and attach without interfering.

My sense of symmetry wishes they just would have put the charging port on the passenger side mirroring the gas cap on the driver side. Would have put it closer to the battery too.
Doesn't need to be close to the battery. Needs to be close to the MGU underhood. That's why it is where it is. Real best would've been cowl on passenger side but then fuel and charge port would've been on opposite sides which they probably don't want from a driver usability standpoint (at least in LHD countries).

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Doesn't need to be close to the battery. Needs to be close to the MGU underhood. That's why it is where it is. Real best would've been cowl on passenger side but then fuel and charge port would've been on opposite sides which they probably don't want from a driver usability standpoint (at least in LHD countries).
Also the poka-yoke feature of making it harder for the driver to not drive away with it plugged in.
Sponsored