Sponsored

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
So I have my Nacho 4xe Rubicon on order. It'll be here soon enough and I'm planning some mods. I want to go with a Teraflex lift/Falcon shocks and a Teraflex tailgate reinforcement (I know that's supposed to be coming.) I have a 2-door manual JK I'm going to move some parts over from, including the front bumper/winch/driving lights, the wheels and tires, and putting the 4xe's wheels, tires and front bumper on the JK before I sell it. I'll be checking with the manufacturers to make sure the parts are compatible (they should be.)

I'm wondering what problems I'm going to have, similar to how some of the lift/spring kits didn't work on the diesel initially. I'm also wondering how I'm going to keep the weight down as I go -- she's a heavy girl.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
digimark

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome wheel -- who made it? I have black Method Grids on my JK. I have a silver/blue motif going there -- blue would be sweet..

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Waiting to see lift kits

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
So I have my Nacho Cheese 4xe Rubicon on order. It'll be here soon enough and I'm planning some mods. I want to go with a Teraflex lift/Falcon shocks and a Teraflex tailgate reinforcement (I know that's supposed to be coming.) I have a 2-door manual JK I'm going to move some parts over from, including the front bumper/winch/driving lights, the wheels and tires, and putting the 4xe's wheels, tires and front bumper on the JK before I sell it. I'll be checking with the manufacturers to make sure the parts are compatible (they should be.)

I'm wondering what problems I'm going to have, similar to how some of the lift/spring kits didn't work on the diesel initially. I'm also wondering how I'm going to keep the weight down as I go -- she's a heavy girl.

Some interesting comments in the FB post below about lift kits for 4xe, looks like Mopar tested their prototype on Rubicon trail.

Sponsored

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
Does anyone know if the existing JL Mopar snorkel for the 2.0 Turbo engine will work with the 4xe.
I know lots of comments will be coming on electricity and snorkels nevertheless I’ll want to attach my existing 2.0 Mopar snorkel if possible.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I'm wondering if my Diabolical Slipsteam will work due to the change to the rear seats. It seems like it should, but I'm worried there will be some random change to the shape of something that will make it incompatible without an updated piece from Diabolical. And then I worry it will be quite a while before they would be able to offer such a piece.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Similar to the JL Diesel version from Teraflex they will have to come up with a 4xe version also to take into account for the additional weight etc...

Video below on the Diesel version:

What about just using a current 3.6 engine lift kit (heavier than the 2.0) and just add a 1/2” or 1” spacers in the front?

PetroCanada

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport S
I wonder if jl Gobi rack will work 4xe. Since it has cowl mounts, the answer is probably no but I’m still hoping it can be adapted somehow. The rack wasn’t cheap, I would like to keep it when/if I get 4xe one day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
digimark

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heard back from Teraflex -- they're waiting on getting their hands on a 4xe Wrangler to evaluate lift package mods. Also contacted Goose Gear about plate system mods for the battery back seat changes, will copy any reply.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
So far, the only suspension system that I've found that works for the 4xe is the Old Man Emu with heavy duty springs, intended to support a constant 600Lb load of gear. As I recall, the standard 4xe is 400Lbs heavier than the diesel and 700Lbs heavier than the V6, manual.

Have any of you found a 4xe specific lift, yet? I've read that Mopar is working on one, but has not released anything yet.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
What about just using a current 3.6 engine lift kit (heavier than the 2.0) and just add a 1/2” or 1” spacers in the front?
Based on this image below on the layout of the extra payload, I'm thinking it's the rear that will need the extra spring rate/lift - the front is probably going to sit around the same as the 2.0L with eTorque, that large electric motor and that battery pack that are in the rear will be where most of the extra weight is at.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? Jeep4xe_Trans

Luca_CH

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
So far, the only suspension system that I've found that works for the 4xe is the Old Man Emu with heavy duty springs, intended to support a constant 600Lb load of gear. As I recall, the standard 4xe is 400Lbs heavier than the diesel and 700Lbs heavier than the V6, manual.

Have any of you found a 4xe specific lift, yet? I've read that Mopar is working on one, but has not released anything yet.
This is fantastic news, on my Wrangler I have OME with the fantastic BP51, I can only move them by changing the springs ... I hope
Sponsored