Sponsored

4xe lift kits and weight of the Jeep

DiscoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 4xe
Hey all,
So I've started adding parts to my 4xe and was wondering how the added weight will affect the suspension of the Jeep.
I currently have LoD Offroad's Signature Shorty Front bumper with bull bar, Destroyer Full Rear bumper with Tire Carrier plus some accessories, DeeZee roof rack rear only, and TuffStuff Overland Ranger rooftop tent on the Jeep.
This all adds about 400 or so lbs of weight mostly on the rear, and I can definitely feel the weight on the Jeep while driving where the rear feels a bit more bouncy.
I'm planning on adding a winch on the front and replace DeeZee roofrack with Gobi roof rack in near future and also maybe 35 inch K02s or 37 inch K02s with different wheel which will definitely add more weight.

I want to get a lift as I'm thinking about upping the tire size, but not sure how the increased weight is going to affect the suspension components that I am planning on adding.
I was hoping the aftermarket suspension kits or Mopar lift kit might be able to handle the increased load a bit better than stock set up.

Any thoughts from folks that have upgraded their 4xe with lift kits from Metalcloak, Mopar, Rock Krawler, or others?
Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I have the Metalcloak 2.5" springs on. It initially raised the front just over 3". I just put the Metalcloak bumper and winch on and lost about 1/2" up front. I run the 35" KO2's. Rides great with the Metalcloak springs and about the same after I added the bumper and winch.
One thing you may want to keep in mind is the 4xe only has a 650 pound useful load according to Jeep. Not sure if that is an issue to you but you are getting close to that empty.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My understanding is that Teraflex is still working on a 4xe specific lift to accommodate the additional weight of the 4xe. Waiting for that before pulling the trigger.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
My understanding is that Teraflex is still working on a 4xe specific lift to accommodate the additional weight of the 4xe. Waiting for that before pulling the trigger.
Metalcloak and Rock Krawler Both have specific kits. Maybe others by now. I started with Teraflex spacers. They worked fine. Problem with the 4xe is any 2.5" lift really needs a new front driveline.
Sponsored