Sponsored

4xe JLUR sits 1 inch higher than non-4xe JLUR?

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Hey guys,
I realize this may be a minor thing to start a thread about but I tried asking in the 4xe Lift thread and didn't see a response. When I picked up my 4xe JLU Rubicon, climbing in felt a bit higher than in my 2018 JLU Rubicon. I thought it was just from not having been in a Jeep for the past 6 months. However when I went to my friend's house, who has a 2021 JLUR v6, he pointed out that mine is lifted a little higher. Sure enough we measured and mine is 1 inch higher. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm wondering if this was an unintentional effect of the 4xe suspension being different?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey guys,
I realize this may be a minor thing to start a thread about but I tried asking in the 4xe Lift thread and didn't see a response. When I picked up my 4xe JLU Rubicon, climbing in felt a bit higher than in my 2018 JLU Rubicon. I thought it was just from not having been in a Jeep for the past 6 months. However when I went to my friend's house, who has a 2021 JLUR v6, he pointed out that mine is lifted a little higher. Sure enough we measured and mine is 1 inch higher. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm wondering if this was an unintentional effect of the 4xe suspension being different?
4xes springs have higher spring rates so that may be why it sits a little higher when stationary. It will probably compress more due to all the extra weight and momentum it throws around when it articulates, and might bottom out earlier if not for longer or higher rate springs.

I guess you must have caster in the 4 degree range when driving around unloaded because it's still using stock length components as other JLs.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Subjectively it feels like it actually has a bit more caster than my 2018 JLUR, unless I'm just feeling the difference in the revised steering.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
so may better fit 35s without other adaptations? may also help when you throw on bumpers and a winch perhaps.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
35's fit with no modification. You just won't get as much articulation if needed on trails.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
I said the same thing to the sales rep. Measured and you’re right!
Sponsored