Sponsored

4xe have Prius-camping mode? (vs. electric draw for fridges, etc.)

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
I was wondering if the 4xe means we shouldn't need to worry about things like dual-battery mods -- apart from the engine specs shouldn't that mondo battery pay off for camping/overlanding tools? Run A/C all night if so inclined, etc.

EDIT: I know we don't know yet, just starting a conversation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
That would be awesome and a great idea, hopefully this is enabled. Also, instead of camping, I'd like to be able to run my fridge in my house in case of a power outage...

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I know this is a couple weeks old but I was watching TFL on Youtube the other day and they were interviewing the head guy over the 4xe and asked this same question. He said it did not have it as of yet but implied it was something they were actively working on. You are correct that the jeep would be perfect for camping if they can hook up an inverter.

MaTeZZ

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe
What we need is extended ACC mode with AC. I wouldn't be opposed to also turn off the driver door alert. Then turn acc off only if battery gets to maybe 5%.
Possibly Joe from ZAutomotive can chime in if this possible trough TazerJL.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
@digimark here’s an interesting workaround using a 1,500 watt inverter. Not available from Jeep yet, and the aftermarket hasn’t got a working kit yet, but this YouTuber’s got it covered:

Sponsored

Last edited: