Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, I don’t think he gives a crap about quarterly profits either. But Tesla had failed to show a profit for far too long and it was starting to make him look bad...
I really don't think people in general realise how rich guys like him and Bezos are. This video really puts things into perspective as to where the average citizen sits in the grand scheme of things.

Note that this video is 2 years old now.

I bet he doesn't give 2 shits about making money off Tesla. The stocks are still ridiculous.

Bezos paid his ex $38 billion and it barely made a dent that he quickly recovered from. It's insane money. Period.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 4xe

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Yes, the government is describing two different types of electric vehicles.
The government is literally describing how an electric vehicle and a phev are not the same thing.

Sponsored

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
How did we get here...?

This thread is about human behavior much more than what specific type of vehicle you have (or think you have).

If you HAVE TO charge in public in order to move on, then by all means.

But a few comments allude to "Having the right" to park in an EV charge spot whether you NEED to charge or not......this is just being a dick.

First, you have no "right" to park anywhere...you have a privilege. Remember what that is?
You're afforded the opportunity to park and charge if you NEED to...not just because there is an "E" in the model name of your vehicle.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
How did we get here...?

This thread is about human behavior much more than what specific type of vehicle you have (or think you have).

But a few comments allude to "Having the right" to park in an EV charge spot whether you NEED to charge or not......this is just being a dick.

First, you have no "right" to park anywhere...you have a privilege. Remember what that is?
You're afforded the opportunity to park and charge if you NEED to...not just because there is an "E" in the model name of your vehicle.
These days there are a lot of people confusing rights and privileges. Lol

NC31

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
How did we get here...?

Is that really true? I feel like if I had a plug-in and there was public charging I would park there to top it off. I mean the whole point of the plug-in is to avoid using gas. And the range is very short.

It is much more likely that the Tesla parked next to you does not need to plug in to get back home given their range. Should electric vehicles only use the EV charging spots when they are in danger of being stranded?

I don't have one so I don't really know the etiquette.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Pretty much every single public charger I use have rules of usage, either the property with the charger has rules laid out, or the owner of the charger has rules. Most of these rules are common sense and or basic human decency.

Malls usually have a time limit, some say no more than 2 hours, I haven't seen any that has a longer time frame. They also state the spot is for vehicles that are actively charging, once compete, move the vehicle immediately, some say 15 minute grace period before you get a ticket. Their is also No Loitering, so don't bring your buddies and have a tailgate like party at the chargers.

City of Toronto public street chargers have hard rules that apply to all parking spots, not just EV, 1 hour parking 8-6pm usually then 3 hour maximum. Park a non EV in a EV charging spot $150, think there is a penalty for non charging EV in those spots, I never bother to look it up, since common sense should tell you don't hog a charger. It's like the clowns that wash their car at the gas pump. To avoid those clowns Costco does not have squeegees, but some try to clean their cars of garbage.

Some chargers even go as far as to start charging overage, which cost more than charging.

This is just a cause of people being stupid and plain ignorant, "charger is broken" don't park there, you are not actively charging, might also be the case you do not know how to use the charger, I have seen a lot of times people plug in and come back and cannot figure out why their car did not charge.

This is like the clowns that park in handicap spots.

Sponsored

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
Just put the EV chargers in the very back of the parking lot and problem solved. Also, you could require them to back in to the spot, and take a picture of their license plate and if they aren't charging then they can pay a $50 fine. Only people who REALLY need to charge their EV or are massive jerks will park there. Putting them in the front of the parking lot creates a convenience that isn't needed. On a similar note I see people parking in handicap spaces all the time with no visible signs of impairment. I know, I know, whose to say they aren't suffering from a physical impairment, but I can say as a mentally young yet now official senior citizen, I've got myself some bad knees, sure, I'd like to park closer some times. I could get a handicap sticker but as long as I have breath and can walk, I'll leave the up close spots for people who can't.

In the immortal words of Mr. King, "Can we just all get along".

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Just put the EV chargers in the very back of the parking lot and problem solved. Also, you could require them to back in to the spot, and take a picture of their license plate and if they aren't charging then they can pay a $50 fine. Only people who REALLY need to charge their EV or are massive jerks will park there. Putting them in the front of the parking lot creates a convenience that isn't needed. On a similar note I see people parking in handicap spaces all the time with no visible signs of impairment. I know, I know, whose to say they aren't suffering from a physical impairment, but I can say as a mentally young yet now official senior citizen, I've got myself some bad knees, sure, I'd like to park closer some times. I could get a handicap sticker but as long as I have breath and can walk, I'll leave the up close spots for people who can't.

In the immortal words of Mr. King, "Can we just all get along".

Putting EV chargers at the back of the lot will not solve any problems due to stupidity, the reason chargers are usually in front is to minimize cost and maintenance issues, also safety etc.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase