4xe Fenders

Chaosalpha

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 23 Grand Cherokee Summit
I have not taken delivery yet but I am noticing differences in pictures so far and wanted to see if there was confirmation anywhere. I know there are regular fenders as in the first picture, highline fenders as on a Rubicon as in the second picture, and in the third picture it seems the 4xe Sahara fenders might sit between these. Am I correct or looney?

regular.jpg

Hiline.jpg

4xe.jpg
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The first pic is a euro model. You can tell by the front bumper length and mirror side markers.

Not sure there is actually a difference in the fenders, though.

OP
OP

Chaosalpha

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first pic is a euro model. You can tell by the front bumper length and mirror side markers.

Not sure there is actually a difference in the fenders, though.
Thank you for pointing that out. I have added another picture here. I am seeing a difference in maybe how they are placed? On the regular there is a sheet metal crease that goes almost to the front of the fender. On the 4xe that crease seems to stop well short. Is the regular fender just mounted higher?
I first noticed the difference when I saw body graphics that could fit in the elongated crease on the regular fender but it does not look like it would fit on the 4xe.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Fenders regular2

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Note, your third pic is a high altitude. May just be a form difference as the HA has body color below the DRL.

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
High altitude does have unique fenders different than the fenders on the JLUR/JLU sport/JLU Sahara. Notice on the JLUR the fender light has a cut out that stretches the entire length of the fender. The high altitude fender is like a painted version of the sport fender with a higher clearance

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Fenders 1661967840561

1661967898465.png

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sahara, Rubicon and High Altitude all use different fenders, with different surround trim and different liners.

Sahara and High Altitude use standard height fenders, but the surround molding trim on Sahara is wider, like those on Rubicon; the surround trim on High Altitude fenders is thinner. Rubicon of course uses the high fenders.

The fender-mounted lights appear to be the same across all three models —I know for a fact they are the same between Sahara and Rubicon.

It’d appear that Sahara 4Xe borrows the fenders and the wheels —and perhaps the axles, too— from High Altitude.

Sahara 4Xe
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Fenders 1661975987116

High Altitude
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Fenders 1661975773562

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Sorry OP for my hijack, this seems like an appropriate spot to ask IMO.

Are all fenders interchangeable between models? I keep a watch online for painted fenders for cheap to replace my plastic ones. Do I need to watch for a particular set?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chaosalpha

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara, Rubicon and High Altitude all use different fenders, with different surround trim and different liners.

Sahara and High Altitude use standard height fenders, but the surround molding trim on Sahara is wider, like those on Rubicon; the surround trim on High Altitude fenders is thinner. Rubicon of course uses the high fenders.

The fender-mounted lights appear to be the same across all three models —I know for a fact they are the same between Sahara and Rubicon.

It’d appear that Sahara 4Xe borrows the fenders and the wheels —and perhaps the axles, too— from High Altitude.

Sahara 4Xe

High Altitude
Great information, thank you!
I believe the axles are 44 front and rear on the 4xe Sahara. I am unsure of the HA.

OP
OP

Chaosalpha

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry OP for my hijack, this seems like an appropriate spot to ask IMO.

Are all fenders interchangeable between models? I keep a watch online for painted fenders for cheap to replace my plastic ones. Do I need to watch for a particular set?
It's all good. I would like to know as well. I would like to exchange the 4xe Sahara fenders for high line from a Rubicon if it would be an easy swap.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
It's all good. I would like to know as well. I would like to exchange the 4xe Sahara fenders for high line from a Rubicon if it would be an easy swap.
Easy swap, but you will need the Rubicon fender liners, Rubicon rear bumper end caps, and Rubicon/Sport closeout panels. You may also need to buy a pack of fender clips, as you’re likely to break a few of the originals. Yes, you can probably swap out some clips from your old fenders, but it doesn’t hurt to have some spares just in case. Also, I’m assuming your Sahara 4xE and Rubicon fenders are both LED.

OP
OP

Chaosalpha

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy swap, but you will need the Rubicon fender liners, Rubicon rear bumper end caps, and Rubicon/Sport closeout panels. You may also need to buy a pack of fender clips, as you’re likely to break a few of the originals. Yes, you can probably swap out some clips from your old fenders, but it doesn’t hurt to have some spares just in case. Also, I’m assuming your Sahara 4xE and Rubicon fenders are both LED.
Great info, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
Sponsored