First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I knew it would be a matter of time, just like fake Rubicons (decepticons). Some company will probably come out with a replica left cowl piece. The blue trimmed decals can already be bought.

However, I’m surprised they allow PHEVs to park in those spots since they still have a gas engine to rely on.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
The real question is who even thought that’s believable? It looks like some hardware you’d get at Home Depot. And what is this website? I’m starting to think the whole thing is fake news click bait.

Also, all 20 of those 400 miles are really eco friendly.

OP
OP
sentience

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
I knew it would be a matter of time, just like fake Rubicons (decepticons). Some company will probably come out with a replica left cowl piece. The blue trimmed decals can already be bought.

However, I’m surprised they allow PHEVs to park in those spots since they still have a gas engine to rely on.
Might be a metrics thing. I'm aware for our employee sustainability reports, the metric we track is total EV power usage (good thing), so we aren't picky on who or what is plugging in. Something to do with grant funding? IDK.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I'm pretty sure the guy did the post as a joke. It was posted on multiple Texas jeep sites about the same time and he specifically says he has a parking permit. My question is why does an electric vehicle get free parking over any other vehicle. Just because some college kid is privileged enough to afford something most can't they get further gifts! :LOL:

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

LOL Decepticons, this is a good one, thanks for the laugh!

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I’m in California. Motorcycles get special privilege everywhere here. And there’s no faking that. LOL

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
As someone with an EV in the other side of the garage for 5 years, I find this infuriating.

People actually need those plugs to get where they’re going. Charger infrastructure is poor. Please don’t block a charger space.

it’s bad enough with EV owners leaving their cars for hours after charging has completed.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
As someone with an EV in the other side of the garage for 5 years, I find this infuriating... it’s bad enough with EV owners leaving their cars for hours after charging has completed.
You tell 'em Bren... y'all quit hoggin' the Coal Hole!

Sponsored

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
it’s bad enough with EV owners leaving their cars for hours after charging has completed.
Where I live they had to remove all free EV parking.

Well, not remove. Now it's all pay parking. The energy is free - the parking space you need to pay for since people were just parking their car, hopping on the bus and going to work and picking up their charged car at the end of the day from the mall.

Like, people who live in apartments etc... and don't have chargers lol

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I’m in California. Motorcycles get special privilege everywhere here. And there’s no faking that. LOL
Well, a motorcycle does take up significantly less parking space compared to a car/truck/Jeep.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX