Sponsored

4xe Electric Mode Temporarily Unavailable msg

Osan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda CX-5
so it was in form for several days. Finally, I was watching the temperature and definenetly hit the theshold but it still stayed in Engine mode. I swapped to e-save then back to hybrid and that fixed it.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
My 2022 4xE has been in FORM for about a month.
Overall the vehicle has been great and no complaints for what I paid for it, especially since JEEP prices skyrocketed from 2023 onwards. I don't think I could pay upwards of 70k for a Wrangler.
Wow - a month - that doesn't seem normal? I'd prob have some complaints at that point.

Mine is still in form, should hit low gas tomorrow but have been running it with oil at temp with no resolution. I'll see if the e-save trick will work.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
so it was in form for several days. Finally, I was watching the temperature and definenetly hit the theshold but it still stayed in Engine mode. I swapped to e-save then back to hybrid and that fixed it.
Hmmm probably explains why I've never experienced a prolong FORM issue like others, because if I'm not in Electric, I'm in e-save, and switch between the two modes usually, I don't use Hybrid unless I'm using the manual shifter.

Even the odd time when I've had the FORM message pop up, I would hit the e-save charge.

You may have discovered a ctrl-alt-delete of sorts for the 4xe ?

finn1969

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe
Wow - a month - that doesn't seem normal? I'd prob have some complaints at that point.

Mine is still in form, should hit low gas tomorrow but have been running it with oil at temp with no resolution. I'll see if the e-save trick will work.
it has been quite cold and my wife doesn’t drive far. Today I drove it in 45 degree temps and it went into electric for quite a while. It seems to be operating better since I drove it for some distance.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
switching to e-save didn’t fix it for me. Next will see what happens when the gas light comes on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Unity4xe

Unity4xe

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 4xe
Its been almost 3 weeks and still in FORM mode. I was able to switch to Electric mode only, but placing it back in Hybrid mode keeps it in FORM mode. Hopefully with the warmer weather we are having here in SWPA it will reset, but still waiting. lol

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Rubicon; 2008 Saab 9-3 Conv.
Its been almost 3 weeks and still in FORM mode. I was able to switch to Electric mode only, but placing it back in Hybrid mode keeps it in FORM mode. Hopefully with the warmer weather we are having here in SWPA it will reset, but still waiting. lol
If it let you switch to electric, it isn't in FORM. If it is using the ICE primarily in hybrid mode, even when you have charge, that is likely due to cold temperatures (I think).

Mine was going doing the primary-ICE with full charge thing, without displaying a FORM warning, due to a colds nap (since I'm parking outside nowadays do to the recall). When it warmed-up it kept doing it, but started giving me the FORM warning. The gas in the tank was a couple of weeks old by then, so I re-filled the gas tank and it was good for a while, but then went back into FORM. I put it in E-save charge for the rest of a drive yesterday, and it hasn't gone back into FORM since.

Don't know if that will help anybody else, just giving my experience.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Regarding resale, Jeep values here in the PNW are not doing well and have tanked even further than the fire sales from back last fall. Right now, this week, you can get $13,000 to even $17,000 off MSRP on any new 2023 or 2024 and another couple grand more when you go to haggle.

Was talking with the owner of an auto reseller company that's been around for 20+ years (and has done quite well) and he's totally staying away from Jeeps. He congratulated me for having gotten the really low $320 4xe lease special from 2021 knowing I won't lose my shirt when it ends in the next few months.

I was pretty happy with the 2021 4xe up until things started to break ? and started getting into perpetual FORM. New buyers beware.

MarkinMN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2023 Bronco SAS, 2024 Rubicon 4XE
switching to e-save didn’t fix it for me. Next will see what happens when the gas light comes on.
After struggling to get out of FORM - I took a suggestion to run down the gas very low, fill it up, drive for a good distance and then let it idle for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes or so, the engine stopped and it was running in electric mode.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
numerous miles driven with oil at temp. No change

Drive it until gas light came on - still staying in form and not letting me select electric only (yes it had a charge). then tried toggling between esave, electric, esave, hygrid, electric. No dice.

filled up the gas tank to about 3/4 - soon thereafter it allowed me to select electric, and has since.

this was all after they did the update to fix this a couple of months ago and changed the oil while at it.

today is one year of ownership

Sponsored

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Rubicon; 2008 Saab 9-3 Conv.
If it let you switch to electric, it isn't in FORM. If it is using the ICE primarily in hybrid mode, even when you have charge, that is likely due to cold temperatures (I think).

Mine was going doing the primary-ICE with full charge thing, without displaying a FORM warning, due to a colds nap (since I'm parking outside nowadays do to the recall). When it warmed-up it kept doing it, but started giving me the FORM warning. The gas in the tank was a couple of weeks old by then, so I re-filled the gas tank and it was good for a while, but then went back into FORM. I put it in E-save charge for the rest of a drive yesterday, and it hasn't gone back into FORM since.

Don't know if that will help anybody else, just giving my experience.
UPDATE:
So, FORM came back again, even after another fuel refill. I contacted @JeepCares, who were no help at all, so I made an appointment at a different dealership and took it in today.

Apparently, there is s STAR case on this (S2208000020 Rev C), and a TSB has been announced, but not available yet. The tech asked how long it had been since the oil was changed, and I said the oil was at 44% life. He said that if it had been too long, regardless of remaining oil life, that could cause FORM. So, I reset the oil life and FORM went away.

Will see if it stays fixed, but interested to see if resetting the oil life helps anyone else.

wrang_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4XE
Keep in mind to get out of FORM you need to run the engine for a little while with the oil temperature around 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The one time I was in form I just drove around for a while to get the temp up and then let it idle in my driveway for 10 minutes and FORM went away.

The key is the oil temp has to be up there for the fuel to burn out of the oil.

Bottom line is, engines don't work very well when they are cold. It is not uncommon for people to drive all electric except for maybe the last couple of miles of their trip. That is really bad for the engine.
Yes, I wish hybrid mode was an actual hybrid mode for thinking people not some placebo. Instead it seems that hybrid mode just puts you in electric until the battery is almost depleted (which is the same as electric mode), even at highway speeds. It’s only slightly more eager to kick on the gas engine than electric.

If hybrid mode actually did anything then I could plan my trips that are greater than 25 miles to blend gas/electric, but it still ends up using the battery and using the engine only the last couple miles. As you said this is terrible for the engine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler 4xe
Thanks to this thread I made it out of FORM in a day by driving it hard on the highway in E-Save, leaving it idling while I stopped by Home Depot, and driving it hard home - it was back in Electric mode by the time I was home!

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler High Altitude
Clubs

i just got my jeep 2024 wrangler 4xe about 3 weeks ago. I only have 883 miles on it and yesterday driving home from work the vehicle started to jerk like if it was going to turn off. In the highway I usually drive it on E-save so while I drive it charges the car, for some reason yesterday was the first time that the issue accord. It felt like the car wanted to turn off on me in the middle of the highway.
no message came on the dash or the radio, I checked the volt it was good, gas was good, but for some reason the jeep wanted to turn off. I pulled over on the highway for a few minutes and continued to drive and it kept jerking a few times.
I tried to switch it to hybrid mode but it didnt let me.

Does anyone know what was that all about?

if this is going to continue I will sale this car.

RD16RR

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
i just got my jeep 2024 wrangler 4xe about 3 weeks ago. I only have 883 miles on it and yesterday driving home from work the vehicle started to jerk like if it was going to turn off. In the highway I usually drive it on E-save so while I drive it charges the car, for some reason yesterday was the first time that the issue accord. It felt like the car wanted to turn off on me in the middle of the highway.
no message came on the dash or the radio, I checked the volt it was good, gas was good, but for some reason the jeep wanted to turn off. I pulled over on the highway for a few minutes and continued to drive and it kept jerking a few times.
I tried to switch it to hybrid mode but it didnt let me.

Does anyone know what was that all about?

if this is going to continue I will sale this car.
My 2024 Rubicon 4xe - 300+ miles - it stopped dead - message on dash said Put In Park - when i did the car shut off, and wouldn't allow any input, could not start it (starter button did nothing), windows did not work - waited 10min, it suddenly allowed restart -- repeated same scenario a few hours later.....in to the dealer and they replaced the transmission - so far, now at 3000 miles, no reoccurrence - have dealer run diagnostics and see what they say - Good Luck
Sponsored